News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

9/11 Charity Hate-a-thon aka Rantastic Tuesday

Started by Mangrove, September 05, 2007, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Next week is year 6 of our allegedly 'Post 9/11' world. A phrase I particularly hate and find extremely mystifying and pointless.

So this is a heads up. For next week will be neck deep in the sublime and the ridiculous....but mostly the ridiculous. Sublime is generally a thin veneer in my experience.

Make a rage noise here.

Mang'.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

Isn't that when General Pertreaus (or however you spell his name) is supposed to trot out his status report? 

Further solidifying the non-existant link between Saddam, Iraq, and the actual terrorist group that carried out the attacks. 

This is why when I hear comedians and other people joke about how stupid and inept George Bush is, that it makes me a little miffed.  Because the thing is, he knows exactly what he's doing.  He knows the game he's playing, and he's quite adept at it.  Sure, he sounds like a moron but that's because he's an awful public speaker.  Just casting him off as an idiot ignores and looks past the actual devious thought that goes on in his head. 

His legacy is pretty much in stone.  He has 500 days left.  This, I think, is a very, very dangerous combination.  He's basically the Tampa Bay Devil Rays of Presidents.  He's has no shot at getting into the playoffs, what's he got to lose?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 05, 2007, 06:27:12 PM

He's basically the Tampa Bay Devil Rays of Presidents.  He's has no shot at getting into the playoffs, what's he got to lose?

HAY I LIEK TEH DEVIL RAYS! BE TO NOT BE COMPARING THEM TO EL PRESIDENTE.

And for meme sake:

FUCK YOU 4 OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS DIED ON 9/11 BECAUSE THEY WERE NYPD/FDNY. ANOTHER UNCLE OF MINE IS SEVERELY MENTALLY FUCKED UP BECAUSE BODY PARTS RAINED ON HIM FROM TOWER 2!!!

I showed my sister Loose Change the other night. She was a bit unnerved by it actually and asked me if we should trust the government and what she should actually believe. It's conspiracy theory geeking, true, but oft-times her pea-brain can't process information like that, or even acknowledges it exists. Unfortunately I woke a sleeping giant and now she's looking up all sorts of shit on the interweb about it.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled ranting.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Thurnez Isa

anybody willing to play a drinking game
and take a drink everytime the president mentions 9/11 in a speech, to the press, or on any tribute in the coming week?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

shit, I'm gonna have to buy more beer.  The 6-pack won't even come close. 

Suu

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on September 05, 2007, 06:40:38 PM
anybody willing to play a drinking game
and take a drink everytime the president mentions 9/11 in a speech, to the press, or on any tribute in the coming week?

I have the cheap vodka on deck. No use spending $$$ for this.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Suu

we don't hate America, we just wish it could be cooler these days.

AFK

I don't hate America.  I just hate a lot of the Americans. 

Chairman Risus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNTWYnPi8yc

Just saw this commercial.  Watch what they do at the end there...

See the fnord?

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cramulus

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on September 05, 2007, 11:00:04 PM
I missed it. What do you mean?

Just about how he ties 9/11 to Iraq, and how the end with "this is not a time for politics" is three steps away from "go back to sleep, your government knows what is best."

B_M_W

Perhaps its time for another rant about patriots.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

guest7654

"No time for politics"   -Call your CONGRESSMAN and SENATOR...
and what? tell them to quit?