BIP WIKI TECH

Started by Iron Sulfide, September 16, 2007, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

wtf is with the BIP login page?
it willnot let me create an account.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Payne

One does not simply walk into a BIP wiki account.

AFK

I'll set you up.  You'll get a PM shortly.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

so, I'm looking at the user list over at the wiki.

wtf happend to Starship, Take Me and RygD?

Haven't seen either in ages. 

Triple Zero

i suppose a starship took him, and ryg got rolled.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Cain

I want to propose an overhaul of the Wiki.  Moar later.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Overhaul all you want, the BIP is dead.

And to think we had high hopes of magazines and mass movement.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Cain

It was never going to be a mass movement.  Also, some of us had jobs which kind of meant even being on a computer was difficult, which kind of make things tricky when your production team exists on the internet and not down the road in a nice office.

AFK

Troof.  If any of you are filthy rich, and can replace my current yearly salary.  I'll gladly devote 40 hours a week to BIP production endeavours.  Until then, I squeeze in what I can. 

Cain

Well, at least you, LMNO, Cram etc can actually work on a computer.

I was in manual labour hell.  I got home and all I wanted to do was eat and sleep.  Right now, I'm catching up on my reading, which may or may not lead to new and interesting ideas and diversions.

LMNO

Quote from: Payne on September 16, 2007, 07:03:37 PM
One does not simply walk into a BIP wiki account.

I just wanted to aknowledge this awful, awful reference.

:lulz:

Payne

I was on a roll that day.

I shame myself, sometimes...

:x

AFK

Heh, I actually missed that first time round. 

Cramulus

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on September 18, 2007, 02:03:20 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 17, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Overhaul all you want, the BIP is dead.

And to think we had high hopes of magazines and mass movement.

??

The BIP dead?
hahahah
I'll agree that we exhaustively described the metaphor in its current and several alternate formats
but it's not dead. Sometimes you've just said all you can about one topic.

Maybe you missed out on the BIP's most recent development, the revised brochure in my sig. Also last I heard, Faust was working on hosting it on principiadiscordia.com in a similar format to the way the PD is hosted there now.

As for the magazine project:
I feel our lack of forward progress on that front was related to a lack of writers and coherent structure. We spent so long talking about it we ran out of wind. We couldn't agree on what it was going to be (no surprise there), and few people made forward progress, but no one wanted to throw their backs into a project without a coherent goal at the end.

These things grow and evolve over time. Sometimes they need some space and time to grow like a bacteria culture. For example - after all the Lollercaust talk, that project eventually 'died'. Flash forward in time, and I actually put together about 25-35 pages of material. But with little assistance, I lost the energy to do layout & graphics. So it 'died' again. Right now the material is sitting in the WOMP Holding Tank, and when the energy and inspiration occurs, someone else will pick it up. Then if/when it's released there will be a flurry of activity, the positive energy will carry us to other things, and Lollercaust will have 'died' again.