News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Hey Boston-area people - it's the Allston Street Fair!

Started by That One Guy, September 20, 2007, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Guy

So this Sunday, Allston (otherwise known as the College ghetto) is celebrating its 200th anniversary in style with a street fair! Fun for all ages, families and associated weirdos, the city is closing down Harvard Ave. between Brighton and Cambridge streets all day to party and play. I'll be playing the main stage (which will be outdoors on the street by the corner of Harvard and Brighton) around 4PM, so come on down and spend the day with Brazilian families, hung over college students, self-important indie fags in girl jeans and Velvet Stylus! The fun starts around Noon and goes till 6 officially, then moves to all the bars and clubs in the neighborhood and is free for all  :mrgreen:

Check out http://www.myspace.com/allstonstreetfair for all the details, and I hope you can make it - the forecast is for a sunny, breezy day in the mid 70s, so the weather is no excuse  8)
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

LMNO

AFK

My excuse: The wife, daughter, and I will be going to the local Shaker enclave to pick apples.  AND I hate driving in Boston. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

That One Guy

Those are both the correct motorcycles  :mrgreen:

I happen to like Allston in spite of its many drawbacks (the main thing is it's really, REALLY close to where I work and it's cheap enough for me to afford) but I certainly don't expect anyone else to enjoy the place. Also, there is never any parking in Allston regardless, and there will be MUCH less for this thing. There's shuttles involved from all I've heard. In other words, if you're not T'ing it, I'd have no problems with people not showing up :)

Just thought I'd put it out there for anyone that might be interested in hearing me do my thing  :D
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

all the funz are up north.

this place sucks.
(florida that is)

LMNO

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on September 20, 2007, 07:17:58 PM
all the funz are up north.

this place sucks.
(florida that is)

Now, if you can only convince Suu of that...

PopeTom

Point out to her the state is shaped like a flaccid penis.

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

AFK

Quote from: PopeTom on September 24, 2007, 08:46:38 AM
Point out to her the state is shaped like a flaccid penis, the end of which is covered in swamps.

PopeTom's Post, the Extended Edition.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Oops.

Was already commited to the Cambridge XKCD Gathering (kind of a Geek Burnign Man version 1.0)

Crap.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

PopeTom

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 24, 2007, 01:33:35 PM
Quote from: PopeTom on September 24, 2007, 08:46:38 AM
Point out to her the state is shaped like a flaccid penis, the end of which is covered in swamps.

PopeTom's Post, the Extended Edition.

Swamps are nature's pubic hair.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Suu

Eh, Florida ain't so bad IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN ORLANDO, CS. GTFO of there while you still can!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

cant.
its like a black hole.
you can try but it'll suck you right back in.
plus the scientologists own downtown clearwater im told.
no thanks.

tyrannosaurus vex

i used to live in a town that was like a black hole
but then i remembered that simile is weaker than greyhound.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.