News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

The State DOES Screw Small Things Up Too!

Started by AFK, October 16, 2007, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

So, I've spent the past half our or so trying to find some information on my "great" State's homepage.  Except, when I do the searches, and when I click on the results, they all lead to a great big heaping pile of zilch and fail!!!

It reminded me of that bit in the Principia that talks about the State messing up all things big and small.  And it is so fucking true.  yeah, I know, I don't need to tell you.  Of course I don't need to tell anyone.  It should be obvious to anyone who has to ever deal with the State, which of course, IS EVERYONE.  That is, unless there is someone out there who doesn't need to drive, work, eat, or seek shelter.

Of course, what this really means, is that we ALL are a big pile of zilch and fail.  Because we tolerate it.  Oh sure, we put up a stink.  We laugh at the jokes about waiting in line for the DMV.  We chuckle at the state of the IRS and Social Security.  "Yeah, what're you gonna do eh?"  That apathetic, eh fuck it, attitude.

It's exactly why the state of affairs of State Affairs is the way it is.  The Machine and The Bureaucracy are so entrenched.  They are welded into our society's cold mechanical fabrics.  Some flat out hate the government, some just hate the way they do business.  But in the end, it's all huff and puff and nothing much else. 

Ah, well, back to Google, the way Internet searches SHOULD be. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

PopeTom

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

East Coast Hustle

the level of suck and fail achieved by whoever designs and/or maintains the state of maine website is mind-boggling.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"