News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Roger Flyers — US Release

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, October 29, 2007, 11:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

I'm a little unclear on this history, is it something like this:
1) Net does something neat
2) Net gets pissed off for whatever reason
3) Net decides to try and take all his toys away, forgetting that what works in the playground doesn't work on the internet
4) Everyone else pieces together the archive anyway
5) Net sticks around and tries to gloat, presumably proving a point only visible to Net?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on September 01, 2009, 03:12:20 PM
3) Net decides to try and take all his toys away, forgetting that what works in the playground doesn't work on the internet
5) Net sticks around and tries to gloat, presumably proving a point only visible to Net?

Yes, that's pretty much it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 04:20:14 PM

Haha, that is funny.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: fictionpuss on September 01, 2009, 04:26:50 PM

Haha, that is funny.

What makes it funnier is that if you've been around here long enough, you know Roger has done the exact same thing.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 08:43:23 PM

Haha, that is funny.

What makes it funnier is that if you've been around here long enough, you know Roger has done the exact same thing.

Certainly.  But not because someone dumped on me for calling someone a "slut" because they didn't adhere to my sexual mores.

:lol:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 08:44:55 PM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 08:43:23 PM

Haha, that is funny.

Certainly.  But not because someone dumped on me for calling someone a "slut" because they didn't adhere to my sexual mores.

I also publicly apologized for the slut comment.

You can attribute whatever you want to my pulling my flyers and I bet if you repeat it enough that will be truth enough for you.

The slut comment came after it was clear that our "friendship" meant little to her and was a sham manipulation for meaningless sex.

I don't see how calling someone a slut is worse than urging someone to suicide with the knowledge that the person who was trying to deal with a divorce, losing a brother, losing a friend and unemployed on top of it, but that's fine. I owned my behavior in that whole shitstorm and put it behind me.

Urging me to suicide with knowledge of how shitty my life was came first, calling her a slut as retaliation was hardly worse.

Even then, I apologized for where I went wrong. The slut comment was unacceptable and still is. I also think urging someone to suicide after you pretend to be their friend for sex is far more morally repugnant, especially when you know their life is at an all time low.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 10:26:10 PM
I also publicly apologized for the slut comment.

And that person was kind enough to accept you apologies, which was, IMO, more than you deserve.

You can attribute whatever you want to my pulling my flyers and I bet if you repeat it enough that will be truth enough for you.

Your flyers?  :lol:

The slut comment came after it was clear that our "friendship" meant little to her and was a sham manipulation for meaningless sex.

So, I guess you didn't really mean that apology.

I don't see how calling someone a slut is worse than urging someone to suicide with the knowledge that the person who was trying to deal with a divorce, losing a brother, losing a friend and unemployed on top of it, but that's fine. I owned my behavior in that whole shitstorm and put it behind me.

Except that you're back to trying to explain why you were justified in doing so.

Urging me to suicide with knowledge of how shitty my life was came first, calling her a slut as retaliation was hardly worse.

Naw.  You trying to tell her how to run an art project came first.

Even then, I apologized for where I went wrong. The slut comment was unacceptable and still is. I also think urging someone to suicide after you pretend to be their friend for sex is far more morally repugnant, especially when you know their life is at an all time low.

You know, maybe if you didn't treat everyone around you like scum, these things wouldn't happen.

Maybe.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 10:35:21 PM

Finding images, combining them with typography and turning them into printable form was creative work.

Your writing is yours, but the flyer formatting is mine.

I did and do. Even though I was hurt by her behavior.

Except that you're back to trying to explain why you were justified in doing so.

I'm not justifying it. I'm explaining the circumstances which make it more clear why I reacted the way I did, even though I was wrong to do so.

I'm also pointing out that your pretension to moral superiority is ridiculous.

Next time someone tries to tell me how to run an art project, I'm going to wait until they get into some rough times and then try to use them for sex. That's fair.

You know, maybe if you didn't treat everyone around you like scum, these things wouldn't happen.

Maybe.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the irony.

Could you repeat that?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 10:48:11 PM

Finding images, combining them with typography and turning them into printable form was creative work.

Yeah, finding a few pics was creative as hell.  Why did you even involve my writing?

You pasted a few pics you took from someone else, and now they're YOUR fliers.

Ever do any REAL work of your own?  Or do you just leech off of others?

I did and do. Even though I was hurt by her behavior.

I'm not justifying it. I'm explaining the circumstances which make it more clear why I reacted the way I did, even though I was wrong to do so.

I'm also pointing out that your pretension to moral superiority is ridiculous.

Next time someone tries to tell me how to run an art project, I'm going to wait until they get into some rough times and then try to use them for sex. That's fair.

Maybe.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the irony.

Could you repeat that?

What irony?  I hate just about everyone, but I only treat scum like scum.  Like, well, you for example.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 10:51:32 PM

Yeah, finding a few pics was creative as hell.  Why did you even involve my writing?

Sure your writing was more important and better than my design work.

Big deal.

It still took skill, time and creative energy to find good, legal images to use and to get the typography to fit with the images.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 11:13:38 PM

Your flyers?  :lol:

Yeah, finding a few pics was creative as hell.  Why did you even involve my writing?

Ever do any REAL work of your own?  Or do you just leech off of others?

Big deal.

It still took skill, time and creative energy to find good, legal images to use and to get the typography to fit with the images.

Right (not to mention font selection :lol: ).  So now they're YOUR fliers.  

Never touch my work again.  Go leech off of someone else, you fucking parasite.  Thanks.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 11:15:31 PM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 11:13:38 PM

Big deal.

Right (not to mention font selection :lol: ).  So now they're YOUR fliers. 

Never touch my work again.  Go leech off of someone else, you fucking parasite.  Thanks.

Yeah, spending hours doing design work in service of your writing for free, was leeching.

On my part.

Oh, you won't have to worry about me doing a goddamn thing for you ever again.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 01, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
Yeah, spending hours doing design work in service of your writing for free, was leeching.

It is when you suddenly decide that it is YOUR work.  Hell, I'd settle for OUR work, given what you put into it, but that's not how you view it.  To you, it's YOURS.  So fuck off.

Oh, you won't have to worry about me doing a goddamn thing for you ever again.

That's too bad.  I was so hoping I could get you to claim credit for all 68 sermons.

:lulz:

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 01, 2009, 11:27:58 PM

It is when you suddenly decide that it is YOUR work.  Hell, I'd settle for OUR work, given what you put into it, but that's not how you view it.  To you, it's YOURS.  So fuck off.

The flier formatting is mine, you didn't do that and you don't own that.

You know I was claiming the form not the content, you're just arguing for the sake of drama at this point so fuck you.