News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Technological Revolution

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 21, 2008, 04:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Politician168023

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 21, 2008, 06:47:38 PM
I'd buy it. I believe that humanity is not prepared for the weird and cool changes that will be taking place as information becomes more ubiquitous.

One prediction I want to make is that the group called Anonymous is not going to be alone soon. People will belong to large motivated hiveminds, and will have anonyminity through sheer numbers. These "mastermind groups" (as its called in the Art of Memetics) will have to be seriously addressed, as they will be capable of doing and accomplishing things that individuals cannot. Furthermore, under the veil of alleged anonyminity, most individuals will be divorced of bearing responsibility for the group's actions.

If Anonymous is classified as a terrorist entity, who are they going to arrest?

These questions will come up soon. Mark my words.

oh wait I already did.

I can see it now, anonymous groups who's common goal it is to destroy Christians, Libraries, Discordians, Scientists, Newsagents - and anything else they see fit!
This message is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. I disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall I be liable for any damages of any kind.

Disclaimer appropriated from Microsoft Corporation.

Payne

Quote from: Cain on April 22, 2008, 05:15:58 AM
WWI was caused because every nation involved thought they were the dog's bollocks and having an empire was a sign of being part of the Big Boys club.

Empire is no longer useful because it costs too much (trickle down effect of firearms and nationalism) and because now, having nukes and being heavily integrated into the world economy is what get's you into the Big Boys club.

Just saying.

I'll return to the OP later.

Succint. I think thats not much different from what I was trying to say, but I was getting really tired and I kinda gave up on it.