News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

AFK

Heh, they even have converted my Mom into a hard-core Paul supporter.  She sounded a little dissappointed yesterday when I told her that not only am I not a Registered Republican, but that I probably wouldn't vote for Paul anyway. 

As for Romney's victory, it appears that our Republican Senators Collins and Snow spent a lot of time in the more populated districts before the caucuses, and was probably one of the deciding factors in getting a more mainstream candidate the win.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

East Coast Hustle

I don't know anything about Olympia Snow, but I've met Susan Collins in person and she's almost painfully dumb considering that she's a fucking US SENATOR.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Surely you mean "even for"?  I mean, Ted Stevens isn't exactly going to win any intelligence tests anytime soon, is he?

AFK

Won't matter.  I think current Representative Tom Allen will unseat her this year in the election.  All he's gotta do is win over the already liberal Cumberland and York counties and he'll pretty much have it made. 

Cain

BREAKING NEWS!

Satirical 'political' blogger "Episkopos Cain" has left a reign of terror in his wake this morning, leaving sarcastic and mocking comments on the sites of every UK based blogger stupid enough to stay up last night and 'live-blog' the Souper-Tuesday results.

Cain, who spent last night getting heroically drunk, engaging in kinky sex and sleeping a full 8 hours (though not necessarily in that order) was especially harsh towards UK based supporters of Barack Obama, whose failure to definitively win or lose has meant his position is almost exactly the same as it was 24 hours ago - a few delegates behind Hillary Clinton.  That they pointlessly wasted their time is a key theme in many of the comments.

===================

For those who want the real news, Hillary is 20 delegates ahead of Obama and took Cali, McCain is massively in the lead for the Republicans.  IOW, the same as yesterday, pretty much.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Cain

LMNO

Richter

Truly Excellent.  Someone finally does something good with this election babble.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

I actually probably wont remember until I get to damn well eat something, which might take a while.  Until then, my head is fuzzy.

Anyway, some Clinton supporting lail:

http://www.slate.com/id/2183594/

AFK

I saw Clinton's lead up to 80 delegates, but in the grand scheme of things nothing to write home about. 

I think on the Republican side of things, the amount of success Huckabee had was a bit of a surprise to many Repubs who left him for dead.  Though really it shouldn't be much of a surprise.  My sense is the deep south are leery of "Magic Pants" Romney, and McCain is just too moderate for him.

What's interesting is that McCain basically won in the blue states, while Huckabee won the Red states, and Romney was winning the sort of Purplish states.  They need to somehow graft the three of them together if they have any shot at winning the Presidency.

Oh yeah, and Paul has 9 delegates.  Two of which are my brothers.  True story. 

Cain

Rumours are being floated of a super-delegate coup in favour of Hillary, in which case the dems may as well kill themselves and get it over and done with.

Also, interestingly, the battered and weary remains of the Neo-Cons have managed to somehow creep into the McCain camp http://www.ips.org/blog/jimlobe/?%20p=102

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on February 07, 2008, 05:08:42 PM
Rumours are being floated of a super-delegate coup in favour of Hillary, in which case the dems may as well kill themselves and get it over and done with.

Also, interestingly, the battered and weary remains of the Neo-Cons have managed to somehow creep into the McCain camp http://www.ips.org/blog/jimlobe/?%20p=102

I'm noticing a lot of the Independents that went with the Neo-Con's over the past 7 years are running straight into McCain's camp for the most part, as are most moderate Republicans and now the least crazy of the neo-cons. Wouldn't it be interesting to actually see a moderate President elected by the independents? I can't even imagine what that might do for future elections. Money no longer seems to matter, party BASE no longer seems to matter, could it be that people just want answers and solutions rather than Dogma? If so, then US politics may get much more interesting soon.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson