News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

this just in --

Obama's campaign has 23 offices in the state of Pennsylvania.

no troll.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Requia ☣

I took the 'which candidate' test linked earlier and it told me to take the republican test.

The republican test told me to take the democrat test.

Can we please just nuke DC and start over?

Also, the democrats are going to hand over the Oval office due to internal bickering *again* aren't they?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

Quote from: Requiem on March 20, 2008, 09:03:53 AM
I took the 'which candidate' test linked earlier and it told me to take the republican test.

The republican test told me to take the democrat test.

Can we please just nuke DC and start over?

Also, the democrats are going to hand over the Oval office due to internal bickering *again* aren't they?

I'm not so sure.  McCain is a weak candidate.  He's old, he's bitchy, and he has a hard time keeping his facts straight.  His strength, or his perceived strength anyway, is National Security and the Iraq War.  The prominence of the Iraq War on the American Agenda is falling like a stone.  On Countdown lastnight a journalist remarked that on one survey it was actually behind Heath Ledger's death as far as prominence. 

McCain is going to have a really hard time with the Economy questions.  He's already admitted he doesn't know much about it.  When he's on stage to debate the Economy with either Hillary or Obama, that greenness and lack of knowledge is going to show. 

The way I see it, the only way McCain wins is with a large Republican turnout and a small Democrat turnout.  The primary season suggests that probably won't happen.  Sure the Obama/Wright flap might energize a few more Republicans but unless the story continues into August and September, I see that effect wearing off. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

what i think drives the mcCain camp is more of a cult of of personality
he presents himself on talk shows ect., wether he is or not, as being very empathetic and reasonable
of course in reguards to reasonablity the bar has been set really low
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

McCain's appeal over the years has been that whole "Maverick" persona/myth that has grown up around him.  It works as a Senator in a sea of Republicans.  But as a lone Republican candidate against a lone Democrat candidate, he's not going to be able to rely on that. 

Cain

He may not have to, however.  The Democrats and Hillary in particular are shooting themselves in the foot by playing dirty and trying to smear each other.  There is a lot of dirt that has yet to be released and will likely be sat on until certain moments within the campaign, to build up a general picture of incompetence or lack of patriotism.

It depends how much McCain's handlers have, and how the media will react in the main race.

tyrannosaurus vex

politically, obama has no chance. but he hasn't run his campaign according to the political rulebook, and he hasn't had politically expectable results. the main threat to an obama presidency is not mccain or the GOP in general, it's hillary and her quest for satisfaction of her personal lust for power.

for mccain, he better hope to christ that hillary wins the dem nomination, because he will beat her in a national election. after all they are both war hawks, they are both corporate goons, and they both have a habit of pandering to anybody who will listen to them during a campaign and then forget about them once they're in office. i know in that situation my vote for president will be a write-in for John Quincy Adams (4 MOAR YEARS!), but most people will pick mccain because he's more likable than hillary and more retarded than Bush.

AFK

Chuck Hagel on the war:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23721893/

I guess there was a rumour going around that he might take a VP slot on a Bloomberg ticket.  I'd really like to see them enter the race.  Fuck Nader. 

Cramulus

Quote from: vexati0n on March 20, 2008, 03:09:26 PM
most people will pick mccain because he's more likable than hillary and more retarded than Bush.

say what?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 21, 2008, 04:36:27 AM
Quote from: vexati0n on March 20, 2008, 03:09:26 PM
most people will pick mccain because he's more likable than hillary and more retarded than Bush.

say what?

For real. My chihuahua isn't more retarded than Bush.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Actually, did you hear "Mr Foreign Intelligence" claim that Iran was training Al Qaeda?

Lulz, indeed.

tyrannosaurus vex

okay. objectively, as a (somewhat) functioning human brain, mccain might have a higher efficiency rate due to the fact that he has not drowned himself in alcohol for 3/4 of his adult life.

however

mccain, like bush, is a staunch supporter of the "i dont care what the reality is, i know what my gut tells me is true" school of "thought." so why he is not inherently more retarded than bush, politically he amounts to the same thing. and he might even be worse, considering the fact that he has BEEN to war and has BEEN on the receiving end of human rights violations, and yet he STILL thinks along the same lines Bush does.

Jenne

McCain is not more retarded than Bush, he's just become more retarded in different ways over the years.  He actually was not a bad alternative to Bushie back in the day (fuck, who wasn't, I think Mussolini would've been a breath of fresh air).

I don't think what the Dems are doing is untoward.  It just shows that there's really two sides to the Democratic Party that need to have it out to decide what is really more important here:  hegemony or real, actual change.  Nothing wrong with that, and I'd rather the fight get a little dirty, because once it's mano y mano in the Dems vs. Republitard arena, it's going to get even worse.

I don't think Democrats won't vote for a fellow Democrat due to the in-fighting, either.  If anything, it mobilizes them even more for the person they want to see get in there and kick some Republitard ass.

The issues, as far as I can see, are pretty clear and are clearing up even further.

I'm weary of the whole thing, of course, but I believe we'll have a clear winner in the coming weeks, and after that, it's kick McCain's ass time.