News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Illuminatus Trilogy: The Movie

Started by Apikoros II, January 09, 2008, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Apex, The Harmony Of

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 09, 2008, 03:30:07 PM

Arrrr, don't be mistaken
              tha map for tha territory ARRRRR
                                                     /

Thats so beautiful im considering getting it as a tattoe. All over my body in a lattice.

Triple Zero

no but in the book they describe hagbard as looking like a kind of actor (forgot which), assuming that guy's dead by now, i thought george clooney looked most like that (if sean connery wouldn't have been ancient by now i'd have chosen him)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Quote from: triple zero on January 09, 2008, 09:32:22 PM
no but in the book they describe hagbard as looking like a kind of actor (forgot which), assuming that guy's dead by now, i thought george clooney looked most like that (if sean connery wouldn't have been ancient by now i'd have chosen him)

This guy:

And, I agree with you about George Clooney.  I think he would make a very wry Celine.

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

when i googled that guy he looked more like sean connery kinda.

but i'm really really bad at recognizing actors and saying they look like somebody everybody always disagrees.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

tyrannosaurus vex

I always imagined Hagbard as being an Indian. We should tap some underutilized talent in Bollywood.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

That's like saying we should tap some underutilized talent in Hollywood.  There is no talent in Hollywood, and most likely not in Bollywood either.

Triple Zero

either way, making the illuminatus movie a bollywood project sounds like a great plan!

Cain

Triple Zero

The hills are alive with the sound of music one hand clapping
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music one hand clapping
My heart pineal gland wants to sing every song it hears

Agrippa

Drunken Monkey Cabal

how would you somehow manage to get the whole book in the film? or would you do it as an actual trilogy?

i was going to say that it would never get made due to all the plot lines...

but uh pirates of the Caribbean had more...

Cain

When they did the stage adaptation they had 5 23 minute acts, and got most of it in.  Of course, because it was on the stage, certain parts were technically impossible and so skipped.  If they did a film, I'm sure they could work it as a trilogy, what with CGI etc

Drunken Monkey Cabal

if theres any german people on the board the could make the film and not have to worry about the money side. i think.

i remember reading about how uwe bull (the guy who made the atrocious game adaptation to film. i.e bloodrayne and other stuff) still managed to make films is that the German government subsidies him due to the minority of German films or something. its like if the film doesn't make any money back the government pays the rest. something along those lines.

so yknw German people out there..

Jasper

Celine should be Michael Richards.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I'm going to fucking slap the jackass who bumped this.