News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

The Machine(TM) Flyer

Started by barumunk, January 14, 2008, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barumunk

Yay  :D

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

hmmm - image isn't loading for me

Triple Zero

also, the font is nearly unreadable, the resolution is too low and the JPEG artifacts will show up as blocky lightgrey smudges if you'd print it.

and the text is like it's bound to be going to be ignored for its angsty punky edgyness kind of thing.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Stop undermining my welcome wagon!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

I would dial back the font size on the title.  That and the image are so commanding of the page that the casual observer may never cast their eyes upon the "meat."  Maybe reduce the size of the image a bit too.  but that's just my sensibilities. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: barumunk on January 14, 2008, 08:59:54 AM

Yay  :D

Good warning shot over the bow, barumunk! Definately some areas for improvement in style and a little of the word smithing, but a very nice piece :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

ah, now I can see it! weird.

Good show Barumunk. I like the quotes you've selected from Mangrove. Welldone!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on January 14, 2008, 05:56:58 PM

oh you weren't being serious?

i was worried there for a while.

yeah welcome wagon i was gonna do that too!

w00t baramunk, make another one!

say, purely out of interest, what software did you use to craft this wonderful piece of art?

also i think i love you. the effect with the pixels, it's so subtle, i was hardly realizing i might actually be able to read the text if i squint just the right way, so taken aback with the extraordinary beauty of this image i was, that reaally .. wow

just wow

i'm so speechless.

(is that better, nigel?)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

barumunk

well i know the styling isnt exactly way out there, but its all vector, so  :wink: no pixelization when i print it out. the jpeg was just for posting on the forum quick, i used FreehandMX

its more like a public (dis) service, than a work of art  :D

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

keren or

Heh, come on. The Machine LOVES you.

With a few improvements, I can pictue this on random walls.
Messing with the system from the inside.
------
"Wenn ich so Aussehen würde wie Der, würde ich erst gar nich von Rasse reden"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: triple zero on January 14, 2008, 11:29:39 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 14, 2008, 05:56:58 PM

oh you weren't being serious?

i was worried there for a while.

yeah welcome wagon i was gonna do that too!

w00t baramunk, make another one!

say, purely out of interest, what software did you use to craft this wonderful piece of art?

also i think i love you. the effect with the pixels, it's so subtle, i was hardly realizing i might actually be able to read the text if i squint just the right way, so taken aback with the extraordinary beauty of this image i was, that reaally .. wow

just wow

i'm so speechless.

(is that better, nigel?)

I bitch slap you in my mind, sarcastic punk!