News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL What Are You Reading thread

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 28, 2008, 06:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

ON THE RECORD THIS TIME:

Right now, I'm reading Moby Dick, because I'm totally into "expanding" my "horizons."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Triple Zero

I'm officially reading this thread right now.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Officially, I'm reading Technologies of Protest: Insurgent Social Movements and the First Amendment in the Era of the Internet by Seth F. Kreimer, University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol. 150, No. 1. (Nov., 2001), pp. 119-171.

Cramulus

Quote from: triple zero on January 28, 2008, 12:00:52 PM
I'm officially reading this thread right now.

OMG ME TOO! When we both finish, let's compare notes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Officially, I'm reading "Inkheart" still.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

B_M_W

I'm officially (supposed to be) reading from several text books on topics including fisheries management, water chemistry, and physics.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Jasper

I'm reading a biography on Tesla, Introduction to Electrical Design, and Cambrian Intelligence

Cramulus

ah, remember the days back when the net was still wild and free and we could post our literary tastes in unofficial threads? I miss those days.

Jasper

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 29, 2008, 12:02:03 AM
ah, remember the days back when the net was still wild and free and we could post our literary tastes in unofficial threads? I miss those days.

Those days are gone. Get over it. These days we need to document what everyone is reading. In fact, please post a print-out of the last six months of your transactions with the public library system.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jasper

It seems like everything these days is being more and more kept track of. 
Information about information, cross-referenced searchable databases, etc.
The trend is exponential.
Information is becoming so complex, so fast, that it will eventually out-evolve us.
And anything that doesn't adapt, dies.  So let's hope it doesn't leave us behind.

Xooxe

LMNO

Jasper

Cainad (dec.)

Officially, I'm reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and officially considering reading Angels & Demons by Danny Brown-noser.

Stop glaring at me, my reading list is usually much more befitting a New York smartypants know-it-all.