News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Don't tase me, bro!

Started by Jasper, February 04, 2008, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I'll be keeping a list of civilian suppression equippment here, so you'll know what that horrible feeling is when they roll down times square.

Jasper

Richter

Are they fielding any of the sonic devices yet? (Other than on "FutureWeapons")

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Jasper

Richter

If my info is correct, and these work by high-freq. noise, a pair of earplugs and music with the bass cranked up on headphones may deter. 

Still unsure about protection form the flashlights.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

Ah, just have a mirror and be ready to hide your face or something.

Richter

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on February 05, 2008, 12:16:06 AM
Ah, just have a mirror and be ready to hide your face or something.

No goggles?  :sad:  Still, since the effect relies on amplitude, color, and frequency, a good pair of heavily tinted / polarized lenses may save you.

Still, in a riot, if they start pulling crowd control measures out, I'd rather be headed the other way anyways...

Jasper

True.  Peaceful protest FTW and all, but I'm concerned that peaceful protests won't be safe in the future.

Bharlion

I am moving to Antarctica. I am sick of this stuff.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Richter

It'll be ready to colonize in a decade or 3.  I'd love to be in on it myself.

Jasper

The national animal for Antarctica is pegasus?  Fitting; a nonexistant animal for a nonexistent nation.

Richter

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on February 11, 2008, 04:04:48 AM
The national animal for Antarctica is pegasus?  Fitting; a nonexistant animal for a nonexistent nation.

A nonexistant nation that use strange nondecimal counting system....28 dollars bills?
Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.