News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Perpetual commotion

Started by Richter, February 08, 2008, 01:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

http://gizmodo.com/353655/perepiteia-perpetual+motion-machine-may-actually-dosomething

Likely, another flop, but this one is getting some serious attention.  If nothing else, it perfects using a few effects of magnetism for acceleration.  The comments are Lail worthy too.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Interesting.  I wonder where the energy comes from...

Richter

I'm eager to see more tests of this thing.  I don't know anything about how magnetic fields would affect the potential energy of a moving system, which SOUNDS like the effect being harnessed. 

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

I imagine it's something like that.  Maybe it's in Google patents...

Richter

Lol, open source perpetual motion.  I can just see the DIY cult and hippsters at "MAKE Magazine" folks with homemade vacuum generators

No that perpetual motion MEANS they'd would be possible, it's just what 'd I'd think would be the next logical step.  (If it can be perpetual in an atmosphere / gravity well, remove the air and see if you can violate thermodynamics)

In reality as we know it tho, if nothing else they could make for an efficient kinetic battery / flywheel too.

Jasper

Yeah, an oddity at the very least.  Maybe they said the same thing about computers.

It's been theorised that natural laws can be locally altered, you know.

Bharlion

Everyone knows the only way to get perpetual motion is to take a cat. Put it inside of a turbine. Attach cables to its feet, tie the cables into the interior of the turbine. Next put a piece of buttered toast face up on its back and drop it down a turbine tunnel.

Cats always land on their feet + buttered toast always landing butter side down = perpetual spinning = infinite
power from turbine.

Now if anyone else will vouch for this then I could maybe get peta off my back.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Bharlion on February 11, 2008, 12:35:08 AM
Everyone knows the only way to get perpetual motion is to take a cat. Put it inside of a turbine. Attach cables to its feet, tie the cables into the interior of the turbine. Next put a piece of buttered toast face up on its back and drop it down a turbine tunnel.

Cats always land on their feet + buttered toast always landing butter side down = perpetual spinning = infinite
power from turbine.

Now if anyone else will vouch for this then I could maybe get peta off my back.

You mean this thing?

Jasper

Bharlion:

Your lack of any intellectual input whatsoever is astounding.

LMNO

Is there any additional information on how it's built/what the "explaination" is?