News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Christian Funeral For an Atheist

Started by Iron Sulfide, February 07, 2008, 04:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

lots of people that but have you ever been at a "party funeral", Khara?

i hear they're rather awkward for the people attending.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Suu

tl:dr the whole thread...but I'm assuming that the funeral was done as a closure for the family. Nothing more.

Like previously mentioned, it's something for the living, not the dead. It's hard, it fucking SUCKS actually to have to attend one, but if it gives the family that little bit more piece of mind having a Christian procession for him, let them be.

...And let there be good food following it. Because the gods only know that my mom's stuffed mushrooms and my baked ziti saved the day following my father-in-law's funeral.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Quote from: Nigel on February 11, 2008, 06:16:08 PM

Sure, taking your life away from the people who love you is a mindfuck. So would be burning down their house, stealing their savings, killing their pets, raping them, or carving up their faces with a knife. Sociopathic assholes and child molesters mindfuck people ALL THE TIME. "Mindfuck" does not automatically equal "good", "constructive", or "enlightening" if you use it in that context.

:mittens:

Also, my condolences, PF.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."