News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

yet another curry

Started by Triple Zero, February 14, 2008, 11:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

two chicken breasts, one big carrot, two large onions, 5-6 garlic cloves, 2 spoons of sambal oelek (chilli puree w/salt), 1-3 spoons of thai green curry sauce, a big chunk of solid coconut cream, yoghurt.

figure out how to make curry out of this.

add rice.

enjoy.

oh i also added some olive oil and a chunk of butter in there as well. and a dash of ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce) but that was a mistake before i realized i wanted the thai green curry sauce in it, but the flavour of that probably gets drowned out anyway.

it's not entirely done yet, but it smells great.

i was maybe gonna add some soft goat cheese, because it was on sale in the supermarket today. but i'm not really sure if i should.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

There is always plenty of butter in an edible curry, imo.  Sounds delicious.

Triple Zero

thank you, it is! :)

i didn't add the goat cheese btw, sounded too much like a weird idea.

i did add some more sambal and some more thai green curry paste.

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Jasper

Goat cheese on curry.

*thoughtful*

That sounds magnificent.

Triple Zero

yeah but i wasn't really in a risk taking mood tonight.

besides i figured i would enjoy the goat cheese more in a toasted bun with some honey and thyme.

ok my fresh thyme is dead.

:-(

:x

Jasper

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: triple zero on February 15, 2008, 12:51:08 AM
besides i figured i would enjoy the goat cheese more in a toasted bun with some honey and thyme.

I want that...

There are few things in the world I love more than goat cheese or honey.

Also, the curry sounds pretty awesome. I will have to experiment with that when I have carnivores in my presence.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

actually i think it was less good than my previous curries. slightly too much carrot.

but maybe when i reheat it tonight it will be better, curries tend to improve that way.

Jasper

Yeah, I should experiment with aging my curries.

Triple Zero

i can attest that this curry was definitely better the next day :D

but, i also didn't completely screw up my rice like the day before ;-)

Jasper

So age the curry and make the rice fresh.

Triple Zero

yes.

i didnt mean i used the rice from the day before :)

it's just that i somehow managed to turn it into white gooey mush on the first day.

Jasper

Rice is tough to learn, but easy to do once you know how.

Triple Zero

Jasper

I like the oven method, personally.  Rice, boiling water, salt, butter, oven.  It's good.