News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Emos cost taxpayers four million dollars

Started by the last yatto, May 24, 2010, 04:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 25, 2010, 07:41:20 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 25, 2010, 07:25:22 AM
That was really intense. I am fascinated by bridge collapse, which we will see a lot more of in upcoming years.

Why will we be seeing more?

The US has built a lot of things it can't maintain, especially in this day and age. For a second it makes me feel like I'm living in some sort of gritty post-apocalyptia, scrounging the urban wastes and fields of twisted metal just to survive, but then I remember I'm eating gelato in front of the heater, with a laptop.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Vene

At least we shouldn't be seeing any more in Minnesota for a while, the state set aside money and is using/has used it to update the infrastructure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on May 25, 2010, 07:43:31 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 25, 2010, 07:41:20 AM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 25, 2010, 07:25:22 AM
That was really intense. I am fascinated by bridge collapse, which we will see a lot more of in upcoming years.

Why will we be seeing more?

The US has built a lot of things it can't maintain, especially in this day and age. For a second it makes me feel like I'm living in some sort of gritty post-apocalyptia, scrounging the urban wastes and fields of twisted metal just to survive, but then I remember I'm eating gelato in front of the heater, with a laptop.

What Nast said.

We'll have a lot of bridge and dam collapses upcoming, this next couple of decades. I love how the bridge and dam crisis just sort of got swept under the rug.

Basically, about 50-70 years ago, the US went through a golden era of building really big things, mostly made out of concrete, that it did not budget to maintain or replace. Unfortunately, concrete decays. Surprise!

(The fact that this is a surprise to no one should come as a surprise to no one. Classic "We'll let our kids deal with it" thinking.)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rumckle

Dear Past Generations,

Do you remember always saying how the youth of today are lazy, good for nothing, degenerates? Well, you were pretty much right, and the generation after that is even worse.
Therefore I would ask you, please do not leave anything for the next generation to deal with, because they are likely to fuck it up or not deal with it at all.

Sincerely,
History
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Rumckle on May 26, 2010, 02:36:11 AM
Dear Past Generations,

Do you remember always saying how the youth of today are lazy, good for nothing, degenerates? Well, you were pretty much right, and the generation after that is even worse.
Therefore I would ask you, please do not leave anything for the next generation to deal with, because they are likely to fuck it up or not deal with it at all.

Sincerely,
History
Nice!
This needs to be sent to every organisation everywhere ever.
Or at least put it in the news.
Or the memebomb database.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/memebombs/

damn, it doesn't fit.
It needs to be shortened to fit in there.

how about

Dear Elders, You always said the youth of today are lazy, good for nothing, degenerates. Well, you were right, and the generation after that is even worse.
Therefore I ask you, do not leave anything for the next generation to deal with; they are likely to fuck it up or not deal with it at all. Sincerely, History

dammit, still too big.
I give up. it won't fit.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit