News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Lies

Quote from: Ratatosk on April 04, 2008, 04:53:38 PM
Yeah, but that's Roger's gift.... he can turn anything into a hammer to hit us on the head with.
Hows this for revenge... I took a stab at what I thought TGRR might be- ENTJ, and well...

QuoteAs an ENTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents.

The ENTJ has a tremendous amount of personal power and presence which will work for them as a force towards achieving their goals. However, this personal power is also an agent of alienation and self-aggrandizement, which the ENTJ would do well to avoid.

ENTJs are very forceful, decisive individuals. They make decisions quickly, and are quick to verbalize their opinions and decisions to the rest of the world.

Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks. Often these sentiments are very powerful to the ENTJ, although they will likely hide it from general knowledge, believing the feelings to be a weakness. Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems.

ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation. They especially respect people who are able to stand up to the ENTJ, and argue persuasively for their point of view. There aren't too many people who will do so, however, because the ENTJ is a very forceful and dynamic presence who has a tremendous amount of self-confidence and excellent verbal communication skills. Even the most confident individuals may experience moments of self-doubt when debating a point with an ENTJ.

The ENTJ has many gifts which make it possible for them to have a great deal of personal power, if they don't forget to remain balanced in their lives. The are assertive, innovative, long-range thinkers with an excellent ability to translate theories and possibilities into solid plans of action. They are usually tremendously forceful personalities, and have the tools to accomplish whatever goals they set out for.

SUCK ON IT TGRR.

:hammer:
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Roo

I've heard that it's common for people to test as different types at different times.

That said, some of the variation in types can be attributed to how honest you're being with yourself. I would fudge my own answers...for instance, up until very recently. I often tested as INFJ, because I knew that introversion/extroversion has to do with where you get your energy from...and I was in denial about the fact that I really don't need so much alone time, and tend to feel more energetic by being around people. Same thing with the iNtuition/Sensing bit. I'd answer the questions according to what I wanted to be, rather than how I really am.

I have to say that the first time I took it answering honestly, I was like "no! that's not me!"...knowing full well that it was.  :x

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Roo on April 04, 2008, 05:40:01 PM
I've heard that it's common for people to test as different types at different times.

That said, some of the variation in types can be attributed to how honest you're being with yourself. I would fudge my own answers...for instance, up until very recently. I often tested as INFJ, because I knew that introversion/extroversion has to do with where you get your energy from...and I was in denial about the fact that I really don't need so much alone time, and tend to feel more energetic by being around people. Same thing with the iNtuition/Sensing bit. I'd answer the questions according to what I wanted to be, rather than how I really am.

I have to say that the first time I took it answering honestly, I was like "no! that's not me!"...knowing full well that it was.  :x

That's a great point... sometimes these sorts of things seem better at promoting introspection than defining who we are.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Lies

Quote from: Roo on April 04, 2008, 05:40:01 PM

Well, the fact is, you do have different personality types as you grow up and start seeing and acting in different ways.
I know about 7 years ago, I'd have been most likely INFJ or so, but as I grew up I found certain ways of thinking and acting benefited me more then the way I was currently doing things.
And I do believe that with the right type of person, its quite possible to change overnight or perhaps even every few hours... 
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I retook the test and got INFJ again. I've taken various versions of it over the years and have always gotten INFJ, except for once when I got INTJ.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Subtract Eight!

always get ENTP, we had a person come in to work and do this as well a few years ago, same thing
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Vene

For the sake of being thorough I found some more online Myers-Briggs tests.
http://www.ithaca.edu/mathcs/LearnStyle/MyersBriggsTest.shtml
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
http://www.kisa.ca/personality/

If you get the same result for all these I would have to say that the type fits fairly well.  If you get varying results, then you're one of those fucktards that refuse to fit into neat little boxes.

Cramulus

Golden Applesauce, are you reading the Art of Memetics?

I ask because one of the excersizes they give at the end of a chapter is to go take a Meyers-Briggs Personality test.

Iason Ouabache

Ok, I decided to do a more detailed breakdown:

26 Ns
19 *NT*s
19 *N*Ps
14 *NTPs
16 IN**s
13 INT*s
5   fnords  :fnord:
6 7 assholes who didn't want to play along
1 freak (Roo)
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 04, 2008, 11:15:05 PM
Golden Applesauce, are you reading the Art of Memetics?

I ask because one of the excersizes they give at the end of a chapter is to go take a Meyers-Briggs Personality test.

Thats why I was interested in the results.

Payne

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 04, 2008, 11:35:52 PM
Ok, I decided to do a more detailed breakdown:

26 Ns
19 *NT*s
19 *N*Ps
14 *NTPs
16 IN**s
13 INT*s
6 7 assholes who didn't want to play along
1 freak (Roo)

well, You have to factor in the fact that several of us click options before (or without even) taking the tests.

Me, for example.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Payne on April 04, 2008, 11:44:26 PM
well, You have to factor in the fact that several of us click options before (or without even) taking the tests.

Me, for example.

Ok, corrected since Payne can't follow instruction.  :argh!:

27 Ns
19 *NT*s
20 *N*Ps
14 *NTPs
17 IN**s
13 INT*s
7 assholes who need to read moar!
1 freak (Roo)
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Payne

What? My finger slipped while I was trying to say I hate Polls.

On a related topic, many people in the UK hate Polls. (Or is it Poles? I forget...)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: IasonOuabache on April 05, 2008, 12:02:21 AM
Quote from: Payne on April 04, 2008, 11:44:26 PM

Me, for example.

Ok, corrected since Payne can't follow instruction.  :argh!:

27 Ns
19 *NT*s
20 *N*Ps
14 *NTPs
17 IN**s
13 INT*s
7 assholes who need to read moar!
1 freak (Roo)

2 *NF*
5 *NFP*
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Vene on April 04, 2008, 11:07:50 PM
For the sake of being thorough I found some more online Myers-Briggs tests.
http://www.ithaca.edu/mathcs/LearnStyle/MyersBriggsTest.shtml
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
http://www.kisa.ca/personality/

If you get the same result for all these I would have to say that the type fits fairly well.  If you get varying results, then you're one of those fucktards that refuse to fit into neat little boxes.

My understanding is that if you're borderline on some or all of the categories, you can get different results based on your mood or varying life situations when you take the test.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."