News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Sir Squid Diddimus

i wasted my time taking both of those and got ISTJ both times.

and it's wrong both times.

responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, organized, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, things rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working

favored careers:
data analyst, scientist, researcher, engineer, financial planner, statistician, office worker, government employee, lab technician, nuclear engineer, office manager, biomedical engineer, account manager, ceo, investment banker, analyst, academic, systems analyst, pharmacy technician, network admin, genetics researcher, research assistant, strategist

disfavored careers:
entertainer, artist, filmmaker, musician, actor, fashion desinger, singer, music journalist, comedian, massage therapist, photographer
, dj, model, author, bartender, painter, school counselor

bolded parts for WTF-ness.

ok, so most of the personality fits except i certainly do appreciate strangeness it's the careers that got me. although most of the chosen ones do seem my speed, i also enjoy the bolded ones that it says i would not like.

so i guess it isn't completely wrong, underneath the "soccer mom stick up her butt martha stewart" exterior is a loud, fun loving weirdo.... that's also on the exterior. wait....

:argh!:

Lies

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on April 06, 2008, 05:50:55 AM

responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, organized, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, things rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working

favored careers:
data analyst, scientist, researcher, engineer, financial planner, statistician, office worker, government employee, lab technician, nuclear engineer, office manager, biomedical engineer, account manager, ceo, investment banker, analyst, academic, systems analyst, pharmacy technician, network admin, genetics researcher, research assistant, strategist

disfavored careers:
entertainer, artist, filmmaker, musician, actor, fashion desinger, singer, music journalist, comedian, massage therapist, photographer

ok, so most of the personality fits except i certainly do appreciate strangeness it's the careers that got me. although most of the chosen ones do seem my speed, i also enjoy the bolded ones that it says i would not like.

so i guess it isn't completely wrong, underneath the "soccer mom stick up her butt martha stewart" exterior is a loud, fun loving weirdo.... that's also on the exterior. wait....

Wait, what website did you get that from?

I think personalitypage.com seems to give the best descriptions of the personality types as ironically the sites that actually test and figure out what personality type you belong to seem to be not as good, but just my personal leanings on what I've seen so far...
so try http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ.html and see if that's any better or worse.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Lysergic on April 06, 2008, 06:17:43 AM

favored careers:

disfavored careers:

I think personalitypage.com seems to give the best descriptions of the personality types as ironically the sites that actually test and figure out what personality type you belong to seem to be not as good, but just my personal leanings on what I've seen so far...
so try http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTJ.html and see if that's any better or worse.

oh.

well that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

to the point where it's scary accurate.  :tinfoilhat:

Lies

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on April 06, 2008, 06:29:15 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on April 06, 2008, 06:17:43 AM

favored careers:

disfavored careers:

oh.

well that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

to the point where it's scary accurate.  :tinfoilhat:

Yeah, I thought that might be the case.  8)
- Oh it exists, and how!

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: gathabloodline on April 06, 2008, 01:10:40 AM
I am going into psychology, and I guess I will find out soon enough, or I could do the research, but while I am searching I will leave this question.

I guess this would fall along the lines of everything that discordianism strives against, but do any test results cause individuals to behave the way they believe they should?

I would flesh it out a bit, and I am sure there people who do this, but i would more interested in the test that tests this behavior.

That's an interesting observation.

I remember reading something about how people decide how they think or who they are by looking at their behavior.

So this seems fairly plausible.

However, when I tested as INTP I decided that I'd rather be a more outgoing person. I spent some time cultivating my social skills and low and behold, on a subsequent test I was ENTP and making friends left and right.

I was also told by a social psychologist that introverts and extroverts brains seem to operate in very different ways in response to stimulus. Maybe I was on the borderline of the two to begin with, I don't know.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lysergic on April 04, 2008, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 04, 2008, 04:53:38 PM
Yeah, but that's Roger's gift.... he can turn anything into a hammer to hit us on the head with.
Hows this for revenge... I took a stab at what I thought TGRR might be- ENTJ, and well...

QuoteAs an ENTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents.

The ENTJ has a tremendous amount of personal power and presence which will work for them as a force towards achieving their goals. However, this personal power is also an agent of alienation and self-aggrandizement, which the ENTJ would do well to avoid.

ENTJs are very forceful, decisive individuals. They make decisions quickly, and are quick to verbalize their opinions and decisions to the rest of the world.

Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks. Often these sentiments are very powerful to the ENTJ, although they will likely hide it from general knowledge, believing the feelings to be a weakness. Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems.

ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation. They especially respect people who are able to stand up to the ENTJ, and argue persuasively for their point of view. There aren't too many people who will do so, however, because the ENTJ is a very forceful and dynamic presence who has a tremendous amount of self-confidence and excellent verbal communication skills. Even the most confident individuals may experience moments of self-doubt when debating a point with an ENTJ.

The ENTJ has many gifts which make it possible for them to have a great deal of personal power, if they don't forget to remain balanced in their lives. The are assertive, innovative, long-range thinkers with an excellent ability to translate theories and possibilities into solid plans of action. They are usually tremendously forceful personalities, and have the tools to accomplish whatever goals they set out for.

SUCK ON IT TGRR.

:hammer:

Har har!  Don't try to psychoanalyze me, kid.  I have running sores that are older than you.

And there's nothing in there about hatred of all primates on Earth.

So fuck off.  Go pester someone else.

TGRR,
Is nothing if not predictable.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2008, 07:06:21 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on April 04, 2008, 05:00:43 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on April 04, 2008, 04:53:38 PM
Yeah, but that's Roger's gift.... he can turn anything into a hammer to hit us on the head with.
Hows this for revenge... I took a stab at what I thought TGRR might be- ENTJ, and well...

QuoteAs an ENTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents.

The ENTJ has a tremendous amount of personal power and presence which will work for them as a force towards achieving their goals. However, this personal power is also an agent of alienation and self-aggrandizement, which the ENTJ would do well to avoid.

ENTJs are very forceful, decisive individuals. They make decisions quickly, and are quick to verbalize their opinions and decisions to the rest of the world.

Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks. Often these sentiments are very powerful to the ENTJ, although they will likely hide it from general knowledge, believing the feelings to be a weakness. Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems.

ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation. They especially respect people who are able to stand up to the ENTJ, and argue persuasively for their point of view. There aren't too many people who will do so, however, because the ENTJ is a very forceful and dynamic presence who has a tremendous amount of self-confidence and excellent verbal communication skills. Even the most confident individuals may experience moments of self-doubt when debating a point with an ENTJ.

The ENTJ has many gifts which make it possible for them to have a great deal of personal power, if they don't forget to remain balanced in their lives. The are assertive, innovative, long-range thinkers with an excellent ability to translate theories and possibilities into solid plans of action. They are usually tremendously forceful personalities, and have the tools to accomplish whatever goals they set out for.

SUCK ON IT TGRR.

:hammer:

Har har!  Don't try to psychoanalyze me, kid.  I have running sores that are older than you.

And there's nothing in there about hatred of all primates on Earth.

So fuck off.  Go pester someone else.

TGRR,
Is nothing if not predictable.

Alright ENTJ, you're absolutely right, I was stupid for thinking you might have a personality, and I understand that you'll never be able to forgive me for thinking I'm better then a primate, I am not worthy of your mercy...

I'm going to go roll around in shit for a while now.
- Oh it exists, and how!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lysergic on April 06, 2008, 07:52:46 AM

Alright ENTJ, you're absolutely right, I was stupid for thinking you might have a personality, and I understand that you'll never be able to forgive me for thinking I'm better then a primate, I am not worthy of your mercy...

HOW IS A PRIMATE BETTER THAN A PRIMATE?

UNNNNNNNNNG!

TGRR,
Predictable.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2008, 07:56:14 AM

UNNNNNNNNNG!

TGRR,
Predictable.
:?
How the fuck am I supposed to know? Do I look like a rocket surgeon to you?
:mullet:
- Oh it exists, and how!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lysergic on April 06, 2008, 08:01:12 AM

UNNNNNNNNNG!

TGRR,
Predictable.

Fuck off and die, Lysergic.

TIA.

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 06, 2008, 08:02:54 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on April 06, 2008, 08:01:12 AM

UNNNNNNNNNG!

TGRR,
Predictable.

Fuck off and die, Lysergic.

TIA.
Don't rush me, I'm working on it, I promise.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Cain

Quote from: Netaungrot on April 06, 2008, 06:51:55 AM
Quote from: gathabloodline on April 06, 2008, 01:10:40 AM
I am going into psychology, and I guess I will find out soon enough, or I could do the research, but while I am searching I will leave this question.

I guess this would fall along the lines of everything that discordianism strives against, but do any test results cause individuals to behave the way they believe they should?

I would flesh it out a bit, and I am sure there people who do this, but i would more interested in the test that tests this behavior.

That's an interesting observation.

I remember reading something about how people decide how they think or who they are by looking at their behavior.

So this seems fairly plausible.

However, when I tested as INTP I decided that I'd rather be a more outgoing person. I spent some time cultivating my social skills and low and behold, on a subsequent test I was ENTP and making friends left and right.

I was also told by a social psychologist that introverts and extroverts brains seem to operate in very different ways in response to stimulus. Maybe I was on the borderline of the two to begin with, I don't know.

I've heard the final part as well.  Apparently INTPs have a lower threshold to external stimuli, which is why it can sometimes be overwheling, or they feel less need to be as active and outgoing.  However, if you were to purposefully throw yourself into such situations day after day and week after week, I'm sure some sort of resistance to the stimuli would build up.

As for effecting behaviour in general, it could be an interesting experiment.  Give a load of tests to people, and give them totally abitrary results.  Then tell them to observe and note down all behaviour that seems to fall within that personality type for, lets say two weeks.  Keep the real results of their test to yourself, and then administer a second test which sees if they are acting more in accordance with the real result, or the faked one.  For extra mindfucking, reveal their real result at the end of the test.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cainad (dec.)

ITT, Cain brought up the very interesting notion of examining our propaganda techniques and trying to understand why Discordianism (or at least PD.communism) appeals to some personality types more than others. We didn't follow up on this very much, which is teh bummer.

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on August 13, 2009, 12:09:26 PM
We didn't follow up on this very much, which is teh bummer.

Welcome to PD!

No, srsly, it seems that a number of good ideas aren't pursued all the way for one reason or another here. That one was probably one of the better ones, and it is kinda sad.