News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Meyers-Briggs Personality Type

Started by Golden Applesauce, April 03, 2008, 09:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Meyers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

INTP
32 (29.6%)
INTJ
12 (11.1%)
INFP
13 (12%)
INFJ
4 (3.7%)
ISTP
2 (1.9%)
ISTJ
1 (0.9%)
ISFP
0 (0%)
ISFJ
0 (0%)
ENTP
12 (11.1%)
ENTJ
3 (2.8%)
ENFP
10 (9.3%)
ENFJ
1 (0.9%)
ESTP
0 (0%)
ESTJ
0 (0%)
ESFP
0 (0%)
ESFJ
1 (0.9%)
Meyers-Briggs is flawed / does not fit me.
5 (4.6%)
I hate polls.
3 (2.8%)
No idea.
7 (6.5%)
WOMP
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Payne

Took the test again out of curiosity and got the same result (INFP). Also still believe there needs to be a WOMP personality type in there.

Cainad (dec.)

As an INTJ, I propose we go about analyzing and discussing this idea in a plodding and methodological manner that everyone else will find restrictive and boring.

Let's think about the specific components of the MBTI types: there are a lot more Ns than Ss, it seems. If (and that's a pretty big 'if') this is representative of Discordians en masse, why? What are the differences between Intuitive and Sensing personalities, and how can we infect more Sensing-type minds with our horrible ideas?

(also I took the test again and now my personality type is AIDS :sad: )

LMNO

I would suggest we take the test multiple times, and attempt to answer the questions in such a way that we can specifically choose what result we get.

For example, how would you have to answer the questions to be an INTP, and would a complete reversal of your answers result in ESFJ?

How would you go about getting a result of ENFP?

Etc.

I think this would be useful in becoming flexible with our perceptions.

Cain

I did that a few years ago.

Not recently, but I used to be able to "project" a personality type quite easily, even on the longest versions of the test.

Richter

I heard somewhere that INTJ's don't usually get along.  Might mean we're all atypical, could mean incomplete perception of INTJ traits (I clam up when I KNOW people are trying to probe me for no good reason.), or it could mean we all cheated.  Or I just have bad data.

Cainad:  This is early morning cynicism, but I'd say to spread ideas better, compress them into short, catchy, and (to us) glaringly stupid / simplistic.  In short, cliches.  Keep in mind though, we'll hate hearing them within a WEEK of them catching on.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on August 13, 2009, 01:22:45 PM
Cainad:  This is early morning cynicism, but I'd say to spread ideas better, compress them into short, catchy, and (to us) glaringly stupid / simplistic.  In short, cliches.  Keep in mind though, we'll hate hearing them within a WEEK of them catching on.

I came to a fairly similar conclusion, actually :lulz: I keep trying to remind myself that other people think differently, not necessarily stupidly.

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on August 13, 2009, 01:17:47 PM
I would suggest we take the test multiple times, and attempt to answer the questions in such a way that we can specifically choose what result we get.

For example, how would you have to answer the questions to be an INTP, and would a complete reversal of your answers result in ESFJ?

How would you go about getting a result of ENFP?

Etc.

I think this would be useful in becoming flexible with our perceptions.

As far as understanding the archetypes the MB leads towards, definitely.  It will also make such tests useless on you in future.  If you KNOW which result your answers are leading towards, it becomes tricky to take it honestly.  You start to interpret how external factors play on it, so there's a lot of temptation to second guess, tweak, or direct your own results.  

Further, going into other tests, you'll start to notice when MB type questions are interspersed.  Good, when you can recognize, and work with it.  Bad when you understand it less than perfectly, and it starts to mess with how you THINK the test will score you.  

Quote from: Cainad on August 13, 2009, 01:30:07 PM
Cainad:  This is early morning cynicism, but I'd say to spread ideas better, compress them into short, catchy, and (to us) glaringly stupid / simplistic.  In short, cliches.  Keep in mind though, we'll hate hearing them within a WEEK of them catching on.

I came to a fairly similar conclusion, actually :lulz: I keep trying to remind myself that other people think differently, not necessarily stupidly.

I've had my daily can of pretention, and consider short, pithy, easily digested ideas as sounding stupid  :lulz:
Like junk food for your brain.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Rumckle

INTP, though my N value was only 52%, so I guess some days I could be an ISTP.

That's why I don't like these tests, because I feel my mood effects my answers and I always second guess myself.

ETA: I do like that one of the "favoured careers" is assassin though
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO

Troof.  My wife has took it on her own once, and got ENFT.

Then she took it at work, and got IPFJ.

My guess is that her F value is near 100%, which will skew all the other aspects, depending on her mood.

LMNO

I appear to be INTP, incidentally.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on August 13, 2009, 01:44:35 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 13, 2009, 01:30:07 PM
Cainad:  This is early morning cynicism, but I'd say to spread ideas better, compress them into short, catchy, and (to us) glaringly stupid / simplistic.  In short, cliches.  Keep in mind though, we'll hate hearing them within a WEEK of them catching on.

I've had my daily can of pretention, and consider short, pithy, easily digested ideas as sounding stupid  :lulz:
Like junk food for your brain.

Well, most INTJ assessments I've read say that our type is not susceptible to catch phrases and slogans. I use this information to feel good about myself. :)

AFK

I took it again and got ESPN.  

I think I probably did that joke already.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I just took it again, and got STFU.

I think that joke's been done, too.

Rumckle

I did the other test and got told I was loud as a motorbike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO