News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I have good intentions of helping with recording spots, bumpers, etc., but those don't always play out.  I do, however, have quite a bit of original music I will be more than happy to send to you.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I have some ideas for bumpers.

Whether I have time for them is another matter.

Daruko

Quote from: Mourning Star on July 19, 2008, 08:22:39 AM
Okay.  So the majority of the kinks have been hammered out of the Radio Station server.

I'mpretty busy with my online class.  So if someone wants to volunteer to help build a web site for the station, I would appreciate the help...

Also, anyone wishing to add on-demand content to the station (Podcasts, pre-recorded shows, skits, what the fuck ever) please let me know. 

There will be more information coming.  When I'm not overwhelmed with other work.

Podcasts, pre-recorded, skits, dj segments, etc.  - not sure when yet,  but i've spoken with several friends locally, and we're geared to start plotting, should know more after this weekend

Mourning Star

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on July 23, 2008, 12:57:57 PM
I have good intentions of helping with recording spots, bumpers, etc., but those don't always play out.  I do, however, have quite a bit of original music I will be more than happy to send to you.
Quote from: LMNO on July 23, 2008, 01:12:30 PM
I have some ideas for bumpers.

Whether I have time for them is another matter.

All of us involved will appreciate anything you want to help out with, even if it's just listening when you've got the time.

Also.  Keep in mind that anyone who can fill at least a 1 hour a week timeslot is more than welcome to ask to be put on the schedule.  We're going to start building the schedule.  And we hope to launch somewhere between the 15th and 30th of august.  Trip's on vacation right now with his girlfriend, but when he gets back, he told me he will continue to work on the web site.  By then, Ratatosk and I will have paid the first month on our new host, and as soon as we have enough station IDs and material, (or even if we don't and just have to wing it for a while) we're going live.

Here are the final stats for our streaming server (For starters, if we grow beyond this, and get sufficient donations to buy more listener slots, we will do so.)

44.1Khz
128K Stream
50 Listeners

This will cost us $33.00 a month, or if we can do a big enough fund raiser to pay a year in advance, it's $330.00 a year Basically giving us two months free.
(There will be a paypal donation button on the website, I don't believe you have to have a paypal account to donate.)

Plus we will be putting up on-demand content which will be listed and accessible via the RFD website.  If you have podcasts, or skits, or anything you think would make for good on-demand listening.  We'll be happy to review it, re-encode it if neccesary and put it up.

Iason Ouabache

Have you cross-posted this to any other Discordian sites?  There's no reason this should be a PD.com only thing.  I'm sure that there are peeps at POEE and EB&G that would like in on this.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mourning Star

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 24, 2008, 04:49:23 PM
Have you cross-posted this to any other Discordian sites?  There's no reason this should be a PD.com only thing.  I'm sure that there are peeps at POEE and EB&G that would like in on this.

I plan to do so, soon, I'm pretty occupied trying to cram this 15 week course into a 5 week summer mini so I can get my degree and be done with it.

As we get closer to launch I'll be heading out to press the flesh.

Cram also mentioned maybe scaring up some listeners or some such on LJ

I'm going to wait until Triple Zero has the web page ready to launch, that way we have some substance to show people and get them interested.

Triple Zero

okay so the website is the current barrier? i'll get on it! i have the basics/infrastructure done already, really all that is left is some cool graphics design.

so if anyone's got some inspiration for a nice logo, i'll work it into it, otherwise i'll get GIMPing tonight.

plusplusplus, I will provide "Tripzip's Pineal Time", which will be something like 30-45 minutes of crazy wacked out hilariously insane happy electronic tunes with authentic dutch-accented DJ stupidity.

and, i dunno but, I'm going to pre-record most of that, so it can be played multiple times, because i don't really feel like investing all that effort into something that will be listened just once by 3-5 listeners. MS are you planning on saving some archives and best-off stuff to provide re-runs for when there is no live-DJ doing their thing?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: triple zero on July 27, 2008, 12:47:41 PM
okay so the website is the current barrier? i'll get on it! i have the basics/infrastructure done already, really all that is left is some cool graphics design.

so if anyone's got some inspiration for a nice logo, i'll work it into it, otherwise i'll get GIMPing tonight.

plusplusplus, I will provide "Tripzip's Pineal Time", which will be something like 30-45 minutes of crazy wacked out hilariously insane happy electronic tunes with authentic dutch-accented DJ stupidity.

and, i dunno but, I'm going to pre-record most of that, so it can be played multiple times, because i don't really feel like investing all that effort into something that will be listened just once by 3-5 listeners. MS are you planning on saving some archives and best-off stuff to provide re-runs for when there is no live-DJ doing their thing?

Your mission: Become even better than De Mosselman

Triple Zero

i will certainly play that track :) [that one, the others are just more of the same]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mourning Star

Quote from: triple zero on July 27, 2008, 12:47:41 PM

Anyone who wishes their shows to go into the on-demand archives, is welcome to record while they broadcast, or what not, and I will be happy to put it in the archives.  We have a limited amount of space for on-demand on Rat's server, so if we get big enough to warrant it, I might have to buy a dreamhost account.

As far as a logo or something, or graphic design, you might consider asking Suu or Net, they're both much better designers than me.

Cramulus

Cramulus

Cramulus

I bet the phrase "aural sex" has already been used somewhere, no?

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."