News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

awesome! keep em coming!

the current website is at: http://000.blackironprison.com/blog/ (when it's done it'll get hosted on rat's server though)

it's naked and barebones right now, but i can wrap it in any kind of graphics design. i just need to make me one.

the "crappy pixelated B/W shit" style sort of appeals to me, i could randomize any titles, they're small filesize anyway.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pig Wee

I would love to get involved in this, but it'll take me a while to come up with anything.

Also, I went to the site, and clicked on the 128kbps stream, and it said invalid resource.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not up yet?
Narci/16/male/gay/awesome

LMNO

5 bumper spots.  9 more on the way.  And then some more.  You might recognize the text.

http://mihd.net/ql31fsd

LMNO
-holy fuck, what am I doing up at 3:30 am?

Mourning Star

Quote from: Pig Wee on July 29, 2008, 08:29:03 AM
I would love to get involved in this, but it'll take me a while to come up with anything.

Also, I went to the site, and clicked on the 128kbps stream, and it said invalid resource.

We don't go live 'til later in the month.

The site, as Trip mentioned, is just temporary there until we move it to a permanent home.

I haven't even paid for the domain yet.

Mourning Star

Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2008, 08:30:34 AM
5 bumper spots.  9 more on the way.  And then some more.  You might recognize the text.

http://mihd.net/ql31fsd

LMNO
-holy fuck, what am I doing up at 3:30 am?

FUCKING WIN!

Also, your voice is OUTSTANDING for this!  Thank you.  If I shoot you some scripts do you think I might get you to record a few more things for us, when you've got the free time?  :)

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pig Wee on July 29, 2008, 08:29:03 AMI would love to get involved in this, but it'll take me a while to come up with anything.

anything on that website is just placeholder stuff. the links, the texts, etc.

i just posted the link in this thread so that people can get a general idea of how they can help me with providing graphics design :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cainad (dec.)

Steve Jackson, Discordia's most spaggoty spag, has trademarked the term "Fnordcast". Would we still be allowed to use it?

Cain

I would normally suggest not using such a term.

However, I now think we should, simply because Jackson's a prick.

Triple Zero

trademarking hmm? i'm not too familiar with laws surrounding TMs, but:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

as far as i understand it, "TM" means he hasnt registered the trademark but merely claims it, whereas (R) would.

to successfully claim the trademark he must enforce it, so if all discordians over the world start using the term "fnordcast" in a non-SJ-, but still audio-casting-related way, he's going to have a busy time or be forced to return the term to public domain.
further, if we successfully pull off making the term "fnordcast" more commonly associated with our radio channel than with his podcast, and he still hasnt registered his trademark, we might have sucessfully stolen it back from him.

to add: i am not a lawyer, and this particular area of intellectual property rights is not one i am very familiar with. however, i don't see any danger in messing with it somewhat.

on the other hand, the site design is still very fluid and i don't know if the term "FnordCast" will feature prominently on it.

AFK

My experience with Steve Jackson is that he is a humorless asshole.  If he and his lawyers see daylight, they'll go after it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 29, 2008, 02:03:02 PM
My experience with Steve Jackson is that he is a humorless asshole.  If he and his lawyers see daylight, they'll go after it. 

Ah yes, so we should use it IN REFERENCE TO SJ.

"Welcome to Radio Free Discordia, we would call it a Fnordcast, but the eternal asshole of Erisian though, Steve Jackson,  thinks that word is his Intellectual Property."

If it got mentioned in regular rants/broadcasts/bumps... it might make some Discordians want to take some sort of action... not that I would encourage that or anything.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Sir Squid Diddimus

Cram's logos made me snort

LMNO

I stole Cram's logos, and recorded them.  Will post this evening.

Mourning Star

Quote from: LMNO on July 30, 2008, 12:36:43 PM
I stole Cram's logos, and recorded them.  Will post this evening.

LMNO = Legendary Man