News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourning Star

Quote from: Jason Wabash on February 12, 2009, 09:26:34 AM
I'm going to try to throw a show together.  I just have to figure out how to use this damn Audacity thingamabob.

Audacity?

Are you in lihnooks?

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Mourning Star on February 13, 2009, 12:54:06 AM
Quote from: Jason Wabash on February 12, 2009, 09:26:34 AM
I'm going to try to throw a show together.  I just have to figure out how to use this damn Audacity thingamabob.

Audacity?

Are you in lihnooks?

Not right now.  Is there an easier Windows program to stitch a bunch of mp3 into one big file?  Audacity looks a little more complicated than I wanted.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

Audacity is basically drag and drop.

1.  Create 2 stereo tracks, A and B.

2.  "Import" first song on to stereo track A.

3.  "Create Silence" on stereo track B, just a couple of seconds shorter than the track length on A.

4.  "Import" second song onto track B.

Repeat as necessary.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2009, 12:40:27 PM

3.  "Create Silence" on stereo track B, just a couple of seconds shorter than the track length on A.

Repeat as necessary.
Ah... that's slightly easier than what I was doing (Cutting and pasting everything into track 1).  Still seems like there should be an easier way to do it though.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mourning Star

Okay.  Status update.

I removed the dummy entries from the schedule section on the RFD website.

So if the time slot you'd like is not on the list, it's available, please be somewhat specific.

Also, I emailed the people over at 2600 seeking permission to rebroadcast Off The Hook on RFD.  Hopefully Mr. Corley (or whoever reads those emails) will grant us that permission.  If so, we will be broadcasting the previous week's show, 1 hour prior to the live broadcast of the current week's show on WBAI (Also simulcast online)

If anyone is needing more information about this, or you want to get involved but you're worried it might be too complicated, get in touch with me, it's actually quite simple with very minimal instruction and configuration.

I want to "Officially" Launch the first week of March.  Hopefully I'll have finished moving into my new house by then and be available for tech support etc.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Mourning Star on February 15, 2009, 06:06:41 AMOkay.  Status update.

I removed the dummy entries from the schedule section on the RFD website.

So if the time slot you'd like is not on the list, it's available, please be somewhat specific.

Also, I emailed the people over at 2600 seeking permission to rebroadcast Off The Hook on RFD.  Hopefully Mr. Corley (or whoever reads those emails) will grant us that permission.  If so, we will be broadcasting the previous week's show, 1 hour prior to the live broadcast of the current week's show on WBAI (Also simulcast online)

If anyone is needing more information about this, or you want to get involved but you're worried it might be too complicated, get in touch with me, it's actually quite simple with very minimal instruction and configuration.

I want to "Officially" Launch the first week of March.  Hopefully I'll have finished moving into my new house by then and be available for tech support etc.

:mittens: AEWSOEM!!!!

great to hear that the project, slowly, but unstoppably is kicking off!

may I suggest you post this status update news thing also as a news/blog item to the front page of RFD.org?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Someone should throw it up on the blog, too.  Probably me, when I get a better connection.  I'll at least link when it is launched, that's for sure.

Swisgaar Skwigelf

Hey yous!  Thats was my lines with the dildos  :argh!:

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Iason, in *nix you can actually do it easier than drag & drop if you use sox. Read the man page. There's an option to concatenate. You can write a single line script to concatenate all of them together.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mourning Star

Cramulus

I've got no real preference regarding time for the shows I sent.. Wednesday's nice and packed - I could shimmy in there and make sure we have a huge block of all original content

Otherwise maybe before your show on Saturday?

Mourning Star

Before my show on Saturday would be great!
And I kinda was thinking, if you keep recording those pirate stories, I'd like to do a "Sunday Morning Story Time" kinda thing, though...who the fuck will be awake and listening on sunday morning?

LMNO

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 13, 2009, 05:42:08 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2009, 12:40:27 PM

Repeat as necessary.
Ah... that's slightly easier than what I was doing (Cutting and pasting everything into track 1).  Still seems like there should be an easier way to do it though.

Whaddaya want fer nuthin?  You can do it in about 30 seconds in ProTools, but you have to pay for protools (plus, you have to do it in AIFF, so you need the memory.  At least in Audacity, you can hack it together in MP3).

Xooxe

Wow. It's been almost a year since I last posted in this thread, but I'm still up for helping out at some point.

I might get something random and original together before asking for a slot. For now I'll be a listener, and in a few weeks I can probably get a little bit of cash together for a donation.