News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki-][ on June 22, 2009, 12:59:38 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 21, 2009, 11:55:11 PMI'm not good enough to speak to on chat

I have no idea where you got this statement from.

The fact that you've had me on ignore for about 2 months.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Miley Spears

This sounds great! Really I haven't heard the station yet so I don't really know if it sounds great. But it sounds like it would sound great!
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Cramulus

:taps mic:

Is this thing still on?

I haven't heard anything on RFD in weeks

I get the sense that MS set it up and then sort of drifted away in the distraction of moving into a new house

Richter

The RAW interviews / discussions / lectures were tremendous listening, and conveniently aired on my calm (for the moment) WEdnesday nights.  Thanks for airing them, I'd certainly welcome more.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cramulus on July 03, 2009, 02:12:28 PM
:taps mic:

Is this thing still on?

I haven't heard anything on RFD in weeks

I get the sense that MS set it up and then sort of drifted away in the distraction of moving into a new house
I've been doing my show in Sunday nights. I know that it is an extremely awkward air time but it's all I can manage with my work and family time. I still manage to get about a half dozen listeners by spamming Twitter.

I've been airing some skeptical podcasts before my show too. I have no idea how many people listen to that part though.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Roaring Biscuit!

what timezone are you in?  must work out when I can hear discordian radio...

Triple Zero

doesnt RFD have a twitter account? it would be very useful if people could follow it and it would tweet when it is playing a show (not every track, just announce the shows)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

bds

Yeah, that's my bad. I set it up and then haven't updated it for ages.

We haven't got anything software based to auto-tweet what's going on, but for now if you want a show tweeted, send me a PM on IRC, and if I'm awake and here I'll get it out there for you.

If we're not looking for a software based solution, it might be an idea for someone else to have the password (preferable someone in a different time zone to me) so we can get a decent amount of coverage.

Miley Spears

How do when a show's on? It's sounds totally cool.
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Go to the website, and if it doesn't say "Stream Offline", then someone is broadcasting (or something is broken).

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mourning Star

again.  Sorry, between new job and my PC crashing, I've not been able to keep up with this.  I've been working a tuckfun of overtime...

Wed and saturday night shows resume in august!  when i finally get my new work schedule with those nights off.

StoneCrowUK

yeah i would be interested in doing a show,

i would be happy to do one 10pm on most fridays, thats about 5pm in new york i think,

i would be doing music, im pretty eclectic i could do most genres except whats on radio one or teenage music with screaming in it.     

Initialising...
Disabling logic...
Enabling Lurk-Mode

Mourning Star

Quote from: StoneCrowUK on July 20, 2009, 06:36:31 PM
yeah i would be interested in doing a show,

i would be happy to do one 10pm on most fridays, thats about 5pm in new york i think,

i would be doing music, im pretty eclectic i could do most genres except whats on radio one or teenage music with screaming in it.     

Okay.  Jump in IRC and someone will edumacate you on how to broadcast to the server.

Reginald Ret

I have a friend who is willing to supply timefilling broadcasts 24/7.

here's how to contact him:  asrajuves at chello.nl
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

So, how's the French Experimental Music Channel coming along?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.