PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Radio Free Discordia

Started by Mourning Star, April 28, 2008, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

no shit, he actually posted‽

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I have some more free time now, as well as a shiny new computer and a tonne of fringe podcast archives, but I am still lacking in a microphone &c. I am considering the idea of a show that just broadcasts other people's podcasts, though I am unsure of whether or not this will fly. I can go and accrue permission from rightsholders first if necessary.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 01, 2009, 03:38:52 AM
I have some more free time now,

And that means...MORE FRENCH EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC!

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

No, I am saving RFD from experimental music of any kind with yet another track any RFD DJ can play!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NGN2PN9Z

Track listing is as follows:

Shivaree - Goodnight Moon
Jarkart feat. Seal - One Vision
2pac - Same Song
Immortal Technique feat. Maya - Crimes of the Heart
QOTSA - The Mosquito Song
Soulja Boy versus Van Halen - Jump Dat Crank
Of Montreal - Jimmy
Innerpartysystem - Don't stop
M.I.A. - China Girl (Diplo mix)
Bloodhound Gang - Ralph Wiggum
2pac - Death around the corner
subQtaneous - Transit of Venus
Louis XIV - Louis XIV
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Moby - We are all made of stars

Runtime - roughly 1 hour and 3 minutes.  Track selection made by putting all the music on my computer into a single track, choosing random play and then putting the results into a single file

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 01, 2009, 03:40:48 AM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on August 01, 2009, 03:38:52 AM
I have some more free time now,

And that means...MORE FRENCH EXPERIMENTAL MUSIC!

I lost all of mine, actually. If you are keen on it, you can fill in until I can find it and redownload.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mourning Star

Thanks Cain.  I keep all the submissions categorized by the uploader, and I will definitely be playing these.

Cain

No problem.  I'm not really on at the right times for the American crowd anymore (or on consistently enough to fit to a schedule) so I reckon this is a good compromise.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bu🤠ns

I'd love to hear what Roger would come up with.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 冷蔵庫 ც℧ℜℕ∫ on August 02, 2009, 11:24:14 PM
I'd love to hear what Roger would come up with.

Rolling Stones, Elton John (early stuff), Boz Skaggs, Johnny Cash, the very last things Elvis did, and They Might Be Giants.  Also, Iason's kitten xylophone.

For starters.

None of this fucking "experimental" music (translation:  We didn't put in the effort to learn our trade).  No Jazz (4 different guys playing 4 different songs in the same room at the same time).  Perhaps the sound of Enki being hit by a cement truck, though.

Roaring Biscuit!

QuoteNone of this fucking "experimental" music (translation:  We didn't put in the effort to learn our trade).

i dunno rog, this guy does fairly experimental stuff (technique wise), but you'd be fucking stupid to say he doesnt know his trade.  If you're in a hurry just skip straight to about 2:00 where it gets totally awesomecrazy.

x

disclaimer:  i know this was a really unnecessary post, but it irks me when people who are "experimental" because they are bored of the normal limitations get lumped in with the retards.  its just not fair damn it!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on August 03, 2009, 12:08:56 AM
QuoteNone of this fucking "experimental" music (translation:  We didn't put in the effort to learn our trade).

i dunno rog, this guy does fairly experimental stuff (technique wise), but you'd be fucking stupid to say he doesnt know his trade.  If you're in a hurry just skip straight to about 2:00 where it gets totally awesomecrazy.

x

disclaimer:  i know this was a really unnecessary post, but it irks me when people who are "experimental" because they are bored of the normal limitations get lumped in with the retards.  its just not fair damn it!

They should come up with a new name.

The Good Reverend Roger

GAAAAHHHH!

That's unlistenable bullshit of the first order.

Being able to play a guitar does not mean you can compose new music.  That is all.

I want my 4 minutes back.

Roaring Biscuit!

each to their own, i was mainly demonstrating that experimental does not always mean lack of skill, but if you don't like then you don't like, fair nuff.

still, i probably prefer it to van halen-esque guitar wankery.

I'm sorry about your 4 minutes.  you should have chucked something in the microwave before you started, then you would have had a reason for waiting :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on August 03, 2009, 12:30:08 AM
each to their own, i was mainly demonstrating that experimental does not always mean lack of skill, but if you don't like then you don't like, fair nuff.

still, i probably prefer it to van halen-esque guitar wankery.

I'm sorry about your 4 minutes.  you should have chucked something in the microwave before you started, then you would have had a reason for waiting :)

Lack of skill can include composing skill. 

That guy should stick to recording commercial jingles.