News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Clever and Pretentious Title Goes Here

Started by Kimmy Gibbler, April 30, 2008, 06:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmy Gibbler

I was just taking a hot shower when it struck me how much mediocrity has come to rule our lives.

I remember having higher expectations of life in this New American Century and somewhere along the way they were dashed against the rocks like the skull of an ancient semite child in a dusty, long forgotten passage of the Old Testament.

Every year we expect less of life.

It's not a willful choice, but a subconcious rationalization with our surroundings.  The optimists have become the enemy.  The chant of "things will get better, you'll see" is the rallying cry of the defeated.  Let the people rally with "this shit sucks and we're not going to take anymore of it!"

And then I realize it won't be me.  Because I have too much contempt for my fellow primates.  Hypocritical contempt.

Why am I so fucking great?  I'm not.  I'm just a bitter pseudo-intellectual that makes himself feel better by lording it over the other mental midgets with my expanded vocabulary and fast talking.  I mock the drivel they pour into their minds every night from the TeeVee and then I have the fucking gall to watch shit that isn't any fucking better.

My utter loathing is for the reflection of myself I see in the sea of humanity.

And there I go with the pretentious shit.  Saying this doesn't atone for anything.  And I'm not going to atone.  I'm going to sit on my ass and rant and rave about everything under the sun and stars, but it doesn't matter what I say, because deep down inside, I don't believe in any of it.

I am filled to the brim with hate for my fellow man only because I need him to validate my own existence in some sad and pathetic way.

And I'll do nothing more.  I like it here in this cage.  Cable, internet, and all the escapist fantasies I need to forget about the heaping pile of shit that's growing in the corner, just like in all the other cells.  We could clean it up ourselves, but fuck it.  We'll trust the guards to do that.  They've never done it before, but every day they say they will and though we gripe and moan, we still hold onto that bleak hope.

We're the ultimate optimists.
KIMMY GIBBLER:  SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

Cainad (dec.)

:mittens:

You should take hot showers more often.

Golden Applesauce

If it makes you feel any better, I love your avatar.

Pi Piru Pi Piru Pi Pirupiru piiii~
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

ShoobyDB

There is a difference between those who are trapped in the cage and those who choose to remain there. Even though both are in the same situation only one knows what it is.
I posted that so hard.

Dr. Paes

It's like he's SAYING what we're all THINKING...  :eek:

LMNO

We could clean it up ourselves, but fuck it.  We'll trust the guards to do that.  They've never done it before, but every day they say they will and though we gripe and moan, we still hold onto that bleak hope.

We're the ultimate optimists.

Fucking WIN.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: ShoobyDB on April 30, 2008, 09:21:44 AM
There is a difference between those who are trapped in the cage and those who choose to remain there. Even though both are in the same situation only one knows what it is.

There is yet another difference between those who want to be in the cage and those who would rather not but can't work up the willpower or discipline or self control or gumption or whatever is needed to do something about it.

I'm in the same boat.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.