Main Menu

Grilled Chicken Breast

Started by Adios, May 04, 2008, 06:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

BBQ season is upon us.

1) Never use a gas grill.

2) Allow the charcoal to fully engage.

3) Soak mesquite chips in Jack Daniels for 3 days in a tightly covered bowl. Add the mesquite chips to the coals just before putting the chicken on. Close the lid on the grill.

4) Marinate the chicken breasts overnight in Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing.

5) Turn the chicken at regular intervals to prevent burning.

6) Cook the chicken at a medium grill temperature and temp it as it nears being done. It is important to not overcook it as this will dry it out. Cook to 160 degrees. Just before you pull the chicken from the grill add a slice of swiss cheese and pour a generous amount of the Sweet Vidalia Onion sauce over it. Adding bacon is optional. Serve with corn on the cobthat has been grilled wrapped in foil and butter.

7) Strain the Jack Daniels in a fine collander and drink.

Suu

...Do you work at TGI Friday's?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

No. I came up with this recipe several years ago when I owned my first bar and grill.

Suu

Ah...they do a Jack Daniels grill, thats why.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Truth be told soaking the mesquite in the charcoal flavor of JD actually makes a unique taste and it smells great while cooking. A good woody wine would have the same effect but a good wine should be savored by the tongue. JD tastes so shitty it's not a waste to alter the flavor and use it in cooking. I would never use JD for a sautee though, that's a job for wine all the way.

For instance;
button mushrooms in a deep burgandy wine with fresh chopped garlic and topped with your choice of shredded cheese. I recommend parmesian. Fresh chopped scallions also go fantastic with this.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on May 04, 2008, 06:46:06 PM
BBQ season is upon us.

1) Never use a gas grill.

2) Allow the charcoal to fully engage.

3) Soak mesquite chips in Jack Daniels for 3 days in a tightly covered bowl. Add the mesquite chips to the coals just before putting the chicken on. Close the lid on the grill.

4) Marinate the chicken breasts overnight in Sweet Vidalia Onion salad dressing.

5) Turn the chicken at regular intervals to prevent burning.

6) Cook the chicken at a medium grill temperature and temp it as it nears being done. It is important to not overcook it as this will dry it out. Cook to 160 degrees. Just before you pull the chicken from the grill add a slice of swiss cheese and pour a generous amount of the Sweet Vidalia Onion sauce over it. Adding bacon is optional. Serve with corn on the cobthat has been grilled wrapped in foil and butter.

7) Strain the Jack Daniels in a fine collander and drink.

WUT.
BACON NEVAR OPTION
ALWAYS NECESSITY !! 

Roo

WUT.
BACON NEVAR OPTION
ALWAYS NECESSITY !!
:lulz:
I was thinking the same thing, CS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've never thought about soaking the charcoal or wood chips in bourbon before, I'll have to try it! I usually do a bourbon marinade.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Let me know what you think of it please. A cheap red wine with basil added will also add an Italian flavor.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Not being a huge mesquite fan, I soak my hickory chips in bourbon!  Adds a tremendous boost to the flavor.

Adios

<UNRELATED>

Also burning Pinion wood (DO NEVER COOK WITH PINION) keeps insects away, they can't stand the aroma and if you have a firepit this is a perfect and natural insect repellant.

Jasper

Gas rules, you dirty heathen.

Adios

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

i cook on a gas grill when i just want to cook something up real fast but i use a charcoal and wood smoker for the all day bbq's

they're both good.
i'm sure the bbq will be even better w/ bourbon soaked wood chunks.
hell yayer