News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Decagons are regular. Oregons are fucking dull.

Started by BootyBay, May 13, 2008, 08:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e

Quote from: Muffled Phosphor on May 14, 2008, 07:59:01 PM
News Flash:  If the last three interglacials are any indication (not like the earth has cyclic weather patterns or anything), then we are due for a 30 meter rise in sea level before we slide back into the next ice age.

I think the concern was more the speed of it than the fact that it was happening.

I dunno, I'm not a real science person.

Triple Zero

Quote from: TheStripèdOne on May 14, 2008, 06:59:57 PM
Scientists ran some simulations that showed a rise of 1 meter in our current sea level by the end of the century.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7349236.stm

our government has stated that they see no problem in building the proper dikes to accomodate this ..

i hope they're right.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Adios

Oregon is so full of fail they have a law telling you when to put your snow tires ON and another one telling you when to take them OFF.

AFK

We have that in Maine as well.  We also have a law that if your windshield wipers are on, you have to have your headlights on too. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. Whats His Name? on May 15, 2008, 09:31:37 PM
We have that in Maine as well.  We also have a law that if your windshield wipers are on, you have to have your headlights on too. 

We have that in Ohio as well... mostly because idiots actually argued that they didn't need headlights in driving rain stoms because 'it was the middle of the day".

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

e

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 15, 2008, 09:39:24 PM

We have that in Ohio as well... mostly because idiots actually argued that they didn't need headlights in driving rain stoms because 'it was the middle of the day".

I though that law was a USA-wide thing.  It always made sense to me, for the above reason.

Jenne

CA too

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on May 16, 2008, 02:33:12 PM
Legislating common sense, ITT.

Well, that's the problem... sense seems in no way common any longer... thus people think it needs to be legislated.

Really, we just need to kill stupid people.  :argh!:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Roo

Quote from: Ratatosk on May 16, 2008, 09:09:08 PM

Well, that's the problem... sense seems in no way common any longer... thus people think it needs to be legislated.

Really, we just need to stop legislating common sense, and the problem will take care of itself.

bones

forgive me, but that's HYSTERICAL

Quote from: Muffled Phosphor on May 14, 2008, 07:59:01 PM
News Flash:  If the last three interglacials are any indication (not like the earth has cyclic weather patterns or anything), then we are due for a 30 meter rise in sea level before we slide back into the next ice age.

read: "We're all fucked, but in case you didn't know, we're fucked even BEFORE that"

have you noticed the whether changing?
filmmusic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Guan Yin on May 16, 2008, 09:22:09 PM

Really, we just need to stop legislating common sense, and the problem will take care of itself.

yes. we should set free the common sense, so that it can migrate to those who need it most!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: triple zero on May 16, 2008, 11:12:49 PM

yes. we should set free the common sense, so that it can migrate to those who need it most!

TITCM
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cainad (dec.)

You'd think so, but natural selection plays cruel tricks on us.