News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Lollercaust Repository

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 23, 2008, 06:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

As impractical as it is, I would hang this up on my wall anyhow for the sheer sexiness of it!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: triple zero on June 20, 2008, 12:28:28 PM

because half the texts are rotated or upside-down, the reader needs to turn and move the paper. which is a cool idea because it increases the interaction.

but if the paper is 2x3' and hanging on a wall, how are they going to read the upside-down texts? you can't really expect them to turn their neck, no matter how cool the text content, it's annoying.

Maybe they could be applied with packing tape along the top and bottom, and I could add little instructions to cut it down if people want it.

i noticed because i saw some tiny staircase pixels in my printout.

Quote from: triple zero on June 20, 2008, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: triple zero on June 19, 2008, 04:34:11 PMI thought someone would mention that. It's a pixel font that's designed only for computer screens and only at a specific size. It was an outlandish thing for me to do, and it's been done before, but the idea was to reference the interwebs.

And that's the main sticking point for me. How to tie in the internet in a compelling way. Just using a pixel font probably is a bit of a cop out. But maybe we need to call it something else, because the content doesn't seem to reference the internet enough to justify calling it the lollercaust.

i mostly don't like the way it's not very readable if the blocks are that big. maybe a bit more detailed block font would be better.

on the other hand, pixel blocks remind me of the C64, old arcade games and BBS ASCII art, not the internets.

we don't have block fonts on the internets, much.

you'd get closer by using the "white rabbit" font (or something similar) a kind of rounded terminal style font reminiscent of the Matrix.

or, how about this idea: make the title a hyperlink (so, underline it) and point your mouse pointer at it, so it turns into the little hand-icon (make sure to get the default Windows one for optimal recognizability), take a screenshot of that and blow it up to show the pixels.

instant internets feeling!

Excellent input.

Though, I'm not completely sold on the Lollercaust concept still... not enough intarwebs relevance, IMO.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Again, I appreciate all the support and criticisms very much.

:D
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It is not hard to read sideways and upside-down, and it would slow people down so that they would notice something new each time they read it for quite some time. Like a Dr. Bronner's bottle.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."