News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Lollercaust Repository

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, May 23, 2008, 06:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

tyrannosaurus vex

the link takes you to my site which would allow for broad collaboration and stuff. kinda like a wiki except you can add/edit your own pages easier and post comments to each item for discussion.

i'm thinking this format would make it a lot easier to collaborate and produce new material as well as help organize existing stuff. pages can be moved around, sub-chapters created, etc. take a look, maybe register at the site, and we might be able to get the ball rolling.

e

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'm halfway done with an illustration (Actually 5 in 1) for Cain's Apocrypha.

This project needs to contract a lot more visual AIDS before it's cleared for takeoff.

People love illustrations even when they hate them, and will compel people to read at least part of the material.

So, even if you can't illustrate, you CAN help develop specific ideas for a more artistically inclined person to execute and/or build on.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But we don't even know what font it will be printed in

how can we move forward under these conditions?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

hence the commenting feature for suggestions/discussion and the ability to post/revise anything. or, we can just assume the project won't go anywhere and act accordingly, i guess.

Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2008, 04:26:49 AM

Shouldn't you be lashing out at imaginary threats somewhere else?

PeregrineBF

The typographer in me wants to agree with Nigel, but I think having more material to typeset would be a good idea first.
That said, LaTeX is FTW.

Triple Zero

Quote from: PeregrineBF on May 24, 2008, 11:47:22 AMThe typographer in me wants to agree with Nigel, but I think having more material to typeset would be a good idea first.
That said, LaTeX is FTW.

LaTeX is great, but not really for doing any professional layout that's not supposed to look like a scientific paper.

but whoever will take the job can use whatever tool they want :)

i'd prefer InDesign myself

Quote from: Netaungrot on May 24, 2008, 07:02:37 AM
Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2008, 04:26:49 AMBut we don't even know what font it will be printed in

let's keep things a bit productive here, please, both of you?

anyway, visual AIDS good point. best to have some stuff in black & white, because i dont think we'll be making a full colour production?

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Netaungrot on May 24, 2008, 07:02:37 AM
Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2008, 04:26:49 AM

Sorry, my imagination broke.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: PeregrineBF on May 24, 2008, 11:47:22 AM
The typographer in me wants to agree with Nigel, but I think having more material to typeset would be a good idea first.
That said, LaTeX is FTW.

You don't understand, she's just being a sarcastic cunt.

Quote from: triple zero on May 24, 2008, 03:13:34 PM

anyway, visual AIDS good point. best to have some stuff in black & white, because i dont think we'll be making a full colour production?

Yeah, black and white, or grayscale is important to keep in mind, because few will be able to afford color (full or even spots).

More on the technical side, the art is more than likely going to be used at approximately 5in x 4in at the largest, but this maximum dimension can be oriented landscape or portrait style.

300 pixels per inch for most art and at least 600 pixels per inch for line art (regardless of pixels per inch, it needs to be saved in the TIF or PNG format) will make things go most smoothly.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Netaungrot on May 25, 2008, 01:00:25 AM
That said, LaTeX is FTW.

Awww, did I hurt your feelings?  :cry:

Quote from: Nigel on May 25, 2008, 02:37:38 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on May 25, 2008, 01:00:25 AM
That said, LaTeX is FTW.

Awww, did I hurt your feelings?  :cry:

Yes, I was devastated by you mocking my distaste for Arial.

:roll:

I was just going to let it go, but if you want to come into threads for no other purpose than to try to antagonize me, I can return the favor.