News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Kenshō

Started by Anch, May 24, 2008, 01:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anch

Up until some months ago, I could not really grasp the concept of horrormirth.
I understood it intellectually, but now in retrospect I doubt that I really got it.

Some months ago the stereotypical PD-Discordian entered the forums, stirred shit up, sprayed kerosene over the rubble and TGRR lit up his flamethrower. I feel partial about these infections PD.com seems to acquire from time to time, because I was probably the SAME Pinealboy when I first discovered Discordia, I'm rather compassionate and I don't like beating a dead horse with a jackhammer over and over again. I read probably 80% of the AKK posts back in the days, because I was (honestly!) interested in what he had to say.

But at the same time, I savour seeing someone doing something he's really good at and enjoys doing, namely TGRR and the rest of the gang clobbering someone who (sometimes) subtly and invariably fails to comprehend the way things seem work in these parts.

But that one particular occurence did it for me, I cracked. It was perfect doublethinkfeel, I was feeling sorry for the new guy and understood the points he tried to make, and at the same I couldn't wait for someone to dissect it, and at that moment, Hallelujah, I saw the first glimpse of True Discordia.
It was screaming, laughing, feeling compassionate, feeling in the mood for disemboweling, lucidity, confusion, pineal, postmodern, rationalistic and mystical, all in once. I wanted to hug and kick people in the shins.

I remembered that interview with a Tibetan monk, held prisoner by the Chinese for about 10, 20 years (with torture and the such), who got to talk to the Dalai Lama after his release. He said something along the lines of "One time, I almost lost." "You almost told them about other refugees?" "No, I almost lost my compassion towards them."

One time, I almost lost the urge to shriek at random bystanders, to Walk Tall and Monkey About, to clog up the arteries of the system with Goethe and Uranium and raw sewage, to broadcast my hysterical laughter into every godfearing, decent cesspool of normality I could find. Almost.

That moment passed. Nowadays, I think I look like a semi-normal personrobot, but a slight echo of that first mindripping laughterscreeching still remains.
I tend to cackle. People tend to look at me funny. I try not to mind them.

(sidenote: http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/godfearing
...interesting  :))
help I'm trapped in a online-personality-machine and can't escargh

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anch on May 24, 2008, 01:20:55 PM

But that one particular occurence did it for me, I cracked. It was perfect doublethinkfeel, I was feeling sorry for the new guy and understood the points he tried to make, and at the same I couldn't wait for someone to dissect it, and at that moment, Hallelujah, I saw the first glimpse of True Discordia.

Actually, it isn't true Discordia til you burn Troy down.

But other than that, welcome to the Monkey House.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On a level, I actually like the "pinealboys" (nice word BTW) because they represent another form of order, which is ordered disorder (they think they are bringing disorder, but because what they think is disorder is based on PD-style silliness and ZOMGpinealism, it's very predictable, hence orderly) and without their order marching against our disorder, we wouldn't have any discord. It's the discord between order and chaos that produces novelty. Sometimes you don't have the fresh delicious moment of "new" until you've seen exactly what DOES happen when you run that tired lame joke into the ground ALL THE WAY. How far into the ground will it go? Let's find out.

/end hippie shit
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

what, you suggest we should tolerate the next pineal boy/girl for a while and see what comes from him or her?

how about, say, 50 posts, as a suggestion?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's actually the opposite of what I was saying, but the 50 post rule of thumb is really quite nice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: revidc on May 25, 2008, 05:49:24 AM
QuoteActually, it isn't true Discordia til you burn Troy down.

Then shit in the sink.

And upper deck the toilet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: triple zero on May 24, 2008, 11:11:29 PM
what, you suggest we should tolerate the next pineal boy/girl for a while and see what comes from him or her?

how about, say, 50 posts, as a suggestion?

Oh, yeah.  I promise.

No, really.

Anch

Thanks, guys.  :)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 24, 2008, 05:23:42 PM
Actually, it isn't true Discordia til you burn Troy down.

It was the introverted version of that.
The Trojan Horse of Discordia decided to release its little backstabbing warrior-memes on unsuspecting Braincity.
I still feel a bit pillaged.

Quote from: Nigel on May 24, 2008, 10:58:28 PM
On a level, I actually like the "pinealboys" (nice word BTW)
I always picture them as a Grease-style rockers in a Rock n' Roll-Club, being appalled because noone else combs back their hair with razorblades or wears leather-jackets, and still DARING to listen to Elvis.

help I'm trapped in a online-personality-machine and can't escargh

NWC

Quote from: Anch on May 24, 2008, 01:20:55 PM
I remembered that interview with a Tibetan monk, held prisoner by the Chinese for about 10, 20 years (with torture and the such), who got to talk to the Dalai Lama after his release. He said something along the lines of "One time, I almost lost." "You almost told them about other refugees?" "No, I almost lost my compassion towards them."

I really, really like that. I'm going to have to remember that.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED