News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Submitted without comment

Started by Jasper, June 04, 2008, 12:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think the comment from Acelib kind of covers my thoughts:

"Do you guys see how the reporter here is kind of stenographing and being buddy-buddy with the intervewiee ? No matter what you think about the particular subject, the way this report is done is just shameful. There is no real questioning of basic assumptions of the person interviewed. Instead the reporter seems to be fully on the side of the powers that be, he just *relates* what they are saying without any fundamental questioning. No wonder the US is in such bad shape with reporting like that."

I see alllll kinds of fucked-up happening as a result of this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

jeeeez   i gotta call my congressman!  I'M GONNA DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!

we gotta git that govermint
  some mor military money
so as we can save some lives!
                 /

Jasper

On one hand, fewer combat deaths.

Fine.

On the other hand, the perfect torture device, complete and total pain and no marks to betray the torturers. 

This is the Orwellian superweapon.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They're going to use it against US. civilians, to "manage crowds". You know that, right? No more annoying protesters!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Daruko

Quote from: Nigel on June 05, 2008, 05:06:59 AM
They're going to use it against US. civilians, to "manage crowds". You know that, right? No more annoying protesters!

All the more reason to stick around for the (quote) FUN (unquote)... right?

Jasper

They're going to use smaller versions in little darkened rooms where they ask you questions, too.

There has got to be a defense against this...

LMNO

PROTIP:  Don't be a part of the crowd.

Daruko

My goal is to go one step further.  Don't be a US civilian.

M.K

Ray guns. What the hell will they think of next?
Die Scheiße ist das Kühlgebläse angeschlagen.

Jasper

Quote from: M.K on June 05, 2008, 04:47:29 PM
Ray guns. What the hell will they think of next?

"We've got this great idea called TOE THE FUCKING LINE, PLEB.  You'll love it"

Jasper

Quote from: LMNO on June 05, 2008, 04:41:42 PM

PROTIP:  Don't be a part of the crowd.

Also, avoid the unmarked van and the sunglassed men who would like to have words with you.

AFK

"as long as it is used properly"

That is the lynchpin right there. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

Technology is never used properly.  People will always abuse it or lose it.

Daruko

Quote from: Felix on June 05, 2008, 05:23:19 PM
Technology is never exclusively used properly.  People will always abuse it or lose it.
fixxt

While people are abusing and losing it, there are many others putting it to good use.

Example:  You fine spags here.   Okay, bad example.  :|