News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on March 15, 2009, 05:24:10 PM
I think when a thread consists of 1 Pinealist post for every 10 to 15 posts of arguing about whether or not we should flame the fuck out of this particular Pinealist, there isn't a huge risk of it ruining the boards by encouraging n00bs to be Pinealist.

Not the point, but true.

Here is "Smokngoat", one of the new assholes we have to deal with:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=19815.180

He's an idiot that goes from thread to thread all over the board, trying to wow everyone with one-liners that aren't relevant, aren't witty, and aren't funny.

Compare this to Purple, who writes out long posts on occasion, in one thread on the entire board.  I may not particularly go for her style, but ask yourselves this:

At what point do we decide that we wish to eliminate users because they don't meet our "standards"?

But, no...Roger isn't pointing out one of the guiding principles we've used since we took over the board.  NO, IT'S BECAUSE SHE POSTED PICS OF HER TITS!  HURRRRRRRRR HURRRRRRRRRRRRR HURRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I hope Malachite chokes on a fucking dick.  2-bit asshole.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Messier Undertree

I'd like to post something more meaningful here but I really don't know how to react to you defending this bullshit.

And in case you haven't noticed, half of this thread consists of people posting variations of "hurr boobehs". I was only pointing that out.

But sure, feel free to get mad at me for doing what I would have expected from you on any other occassion.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:15:46 PM
It's not that I appreciate the pinealness, because I really don't.  And it's not, as Malachite assumes, because she has posted naked pics (Oh, and Malachite, since you have such a low opinion of me, please never fucking talk to me again).

Because everything anyone posts is a personal insult towards Roger. I should really try to keep that in mind in future.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:15:46 PMIt's because she has just as much right to speak as Malachite, myself, or anyone else.

Yeah, she can post whatever she wants. And until you add "be nice" to the board rules, I can reply to her pinealist crap however I see fit.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:15:46 PMShe isn't spamming.

You must have a different definition of spamming from me.

She's just speaking her piece.

Me too.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 15, 2009, 02:44:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 07:19:30 AM
I maintain that she isn't that bad...as compared to DK or Cowass, for example.

She posts pinealist crap, IMO, but she doesn't drop it all over the place.  Frankly, as far as I'm concerned, I am happy that she seems to keep most of it up in Principia Discussion.  Where's the harm?

Well Mamachite may be right, this thread may be the undoing of our lovely homogeneous realm of "Chaos, but not too much, and only a little Discord please"

After all, I find myself giving TGRR mittens on a pinealist comment. It may well be the end of the world as we know it.

And Roger:

:mittens:

It's not that I appreciate the pinealness, because I really don't.  And it's not, as Malachite assumes, because she has posted naked pics (Oh, and Malachite, since you have such a low opinion of me, please never fucking talk to me again).  It's because she has just as much right to speak as Malachite, myself, or anyone else.  She isn't spamming.  She isn't fucking up peoples' threads.  She isn't PMing people with weirdness.

She's just speaking her piece.  And the moment we disallow that, then we'd best just jump into the sty and roll around with the piggies, right?

That is precisely how I read your post and precisely why I gave you mittens.

:mittens:

there I did it again!

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 05:35:10 PM
I'd like to post something more meaningful here but I really don't know how to react to you defending this bullshit.

WELL, IT'S OBVIOUS THAT I HAVEN'T BANNED HER, JUST BECAUSE SHE POSTED PICS OF HER TITS.  UNNNNNG!

Because everything anyone posts is a personal insult towards Roger. I should really try to keep that in mind in future.

And remember folks, Roger is too fucking stupid to know when an underhanded slam is directed at him, for daring to defend someone that Malachite has decided "isn't up to our standards". 

You must have a different definition of spamming from me.

As a matter of fact, I do.  Can you show me where she has, for example, posted this new recent piece of hers on 6-7 threads?

Yeah, she can post whatever she wants. And until you add "be nice" to the board rules, I can reply to her pinealist crap however I see fit.

Nobody is saying otherwise.  And I can react to your nasty little accusations any way I see fit.  Fuckwit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Messier Undertree

Uh-huh. I wasn't speaking for everyone and I didn't suggest that she should be banned. You're full of shit.

But do what you like. And believe what you like.

It doesn't change the fact that Purpleris is nothing but an attention-seeking pinealist.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 05:51:19 PM
It doesn't change the fact that Purpleris is nothing but an attention-seeking pinealist.

And what have you done recently, Mal?

The Good Reverend Roger

Uh-huh. I wasn't speaking for everyone and I didn't suggest that she should be banned. You're full of shit.

Then what exactly are you asking should be done to people who don't meet your strict standards?

Messier Undertree

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:53:55 PM

Posted in coherent sentences.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:55:03 PM

Then what exactly are you asking should be done to people who don't meet your strict standards?

I'm not asking you to do anything, oh Wise and Great Leader of the PD forums.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 05:57:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 05:53:55 PM

Posted in coherent sentences.

So what?  You can train a politician to do THAT.

Or are you now one of these people who runs around tearing into other peoples' efforts, while making no efforts of your own.

Any old shithead can be a critic, right?  Why actually try to produce something, when you can slam on other peoples' attempts, tell them you wish they were dead, etc?

Credibility.  Get some.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 05:58:25 PM

Oh, then who were you asking?  Or was this more just an attempt to form a lynch mob in general?  What, exactly, is your point?

Messier Undertree

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 06:00:09 PM
So what?  You can train a politician to do THAT.

Or are you now one of these people who runs around tearing into other peoples' efforts, while making no efforts of your own.

Any old shithead can be a critic, right?  Why actually try to produce something, when you can slam on other peoples' attempts, tell them you wish they were dead, etc?

Credibility.  Get some.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you seem to be saying is that my e-penis isn't as big as yours, and so I'm not allowed to call an idiot an idiot.

And what exactly is your definition of "effort"? I haven't seen any effort put into her posts so far.

Should I try to make more posts like Purpleris? Is she making valuable contributions to the board?

Or are you saying that I have to post in Or Kill Me before my opinion on anything else is valid?

Messier Undertree

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 15, 2009, 06:00:47 PM
Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 05:58:25 PM

Oh, then who were you asking?  Or was this more just an attempt to form a lynch mob in general?  What, exactly, is your point?

I don't recall asking any questions. Please clarify.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 06:18:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you seem to be saying is that my e-penis isn't as big as yours,

You're wrong.  I made myself perfectly clear.  Save your appeal to ridicule bullshit for those it might work on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malachite on March 15, 2009, 06:19:34 PM
I don't recall asking any questions. Please clarify.

I stand corrected:  I should have said, "To which person who disagreed with you were you directing your bullshit?"