News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Maybe I'm a softee but as I've said before, I like her.  I don't see why she needs to be pushed away. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

Does she post anywhere other than this single thread?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

The only other place I've seen her is in the "Whatcha listening to?" thread. 

btw, NP:  the do -- on my shoulders   :wink:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 19, 2008, 05:44:21 PM
Maybe I'm a softee but as I've said before, I like her.  I don't see why she needs to be pushed away. 

Cause she doesn't fit with the Tribe, man!! You gotta fit with the tribe, otherwise you get outcast.  :fnord:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Hey ya!

cwutIdidthar???  huh?  did ya?

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 19, 2008, 05:51:45 PM

Cause she doesn't fit with the Tribe, man!! You gotta fit with the tribe, otherwise you get outcast.  :fnord:

Your assumptions are frequently boring and far too wide in their application.

I am glad to see your recent absence has not changed this any.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Who's pushing her away? Roger? OH SURPRISE, OMG, ROGER WAS BEING MEAN TO A PINEAL N00B!

I'm not asking her to leave. ECH recommended ae23 as a place she would probably enjoy, she got cunty about it.

Since her first post she's been making nasty little generalized jabs at people disguised in her "outlandishness", but when anyone takes her up on it and snarks back, a couple guys who'd like to wet their dicks in her think she's cute so they leap to her defense instead of letting her duke it out herself like everyone else has to.

I can guarantee that a 50-year-old dude with a hairy back wouldn't have you guys leaping to his defense if he was posting this crap. She plays that peace, love & drugs hippie bullshit and it seems like a few people here are willing to overlook that she encodes bitchiness into her drug-addled rambling because she sent them the equivalent of a couple of tits shots, probably not even of herself.

That's a pretty good trolling technique... I'm going to have to try it.  :lulz:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Remember when Daruko hinted that he had another alt, one which was sort of popular?

Ahem.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on August 19, 2008, 07:37:47 PM
Remember when Daruko hinted that he had another alt, one which was sort of popular?

Ahem.

He meant Byzantium. 

Sorry to rain on your conspiracy theories, but lets at least keep this within the bounds of respectability.  Accusing people of being Daruko = not a very nice thing to say.

hooplala

I don't even remember Byzantium.

I'll have to do some digging.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

That sounded far less flippant than I originally thought.

Anyway, you didn't miss out on anything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's no way she's a Daruko alt... he's not that smart.

I don't particularly mind her, but I don't have a lot to say to people with so many affectations. I just think it's ridiculous that every time anyone says anything MILDLY negative to her ("Wrong board, hippie"? That's about the mildest I've EVER seen Roger!) someone jumps to her defense, but of course they disregard that she embeds snide little gibes in her rambling commentary.

As far as I'm concerned, giving her special treatment/protection/whatever because she's CUTE is STUPID AS FUCK. And I'm not willing to overlook her hippie-coated catty comments just because she's stoned off her gourd and ends everything in love, sunshine, and kisses. I don't hate her, but for fuck's sake at least give her a chance to hold her own damn ground instead of playing "knight in shining armor".

Rat, if I'd posted a tit shot BEFORE Roger ran me through the gauntlet, would you have stepped in and tried to "protect" me?

All I can say is I HOPE NOT. There's a reason I start out on most forums with a male name/androgynous ID, and it's because I realized long ago that it's all too easy, and tempting, to look for and get special treatment online based on nothing but an accident of genetics. Fuck that.

<hugs> <3 <3 <3 :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I think Nigel is trying to say this, somehow

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That, kind of.

Also, if she dropped the ever-so-clever style of typing I might find out she's someone I like, but I hate that stupid teenage hippie "I'm-So-Discordian!" affected bullshit and I don't generally bother to read it because the content is usually as artificially outlandish as the delivery. It seems like whenever I do check in to see if there's any value it just turns out she's trying to coyly insult someone again.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on August 19, 2008, 08:25:30 PM
That sounded far less flippant than I originally thought.

Anyway, you didn't miss out on anything.

You ain't just whistling Dixie... the way he talked I thought he was also some established poster, not an alt with 4 posts...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman