News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Frequently asked questions..

Started by Purpleris Niaiseris, June 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Hawk on June 04, 2010, 09:37:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 09:24:50 PM
Well, on that broad (no pun intended, really) and insulting note.  I'm outta here for the day.  Have fun with the war!

Look, I didn't mean to be insulting here. Guys getting chewed up an spit out for posting bullshit around is a time honored tradition. I don't see the difference in what she did and what others who get run off did. What am I missing?

Could be mistaken but there is some contention over her characterization as a Nazi, which led to some other stuff that various people didn't like the sound of, for example that we should give trolls the benefit of the doubt or that there is some sort of norm around here. I think these last two points might be a bit of a misunderstanding.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 04, 2010, 09:40:40 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 04, 2010, 09:37:21 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 09:24:50 PM
Well, on that broad (no pun intended, really) and insulting note.  I'm outta here for the day.  Have fun with the war!

Look, I didn't mean to be insulting here. Guys getting chewed up an spit out for posting bullshit around is a time honored tradition. I don't see the difference in what she did and what others who get run off did. What am I missing?

Could be mistaken but there is some contention over her characterization as a Nazi, which led to some other stuff that various people didn't like the sound of, for example that we should give trolls the benefit of the doubt or that there is some sort of norm around here. I think these last two points might be a bit of a misunderstanding.

Either way, it seems like she has been run off at this point.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, I realize it's not OK to say this, but if she hadn't been such an arrogant, insulting shithead, I would have treated her differently because she's a girl. Especially because she's young, and maybe not as battle-scarred as this old bitch. I tend to be softer with girls and kids. People DO treat chicks differently (props to Dimo for admitting what no one else would) and I've experienced it first-hand many times. That's one reason I usually adopt a male nick; people put up with less bullshit from guys, but there's a corresponding level of bullshit they don't dish out to guys (the whole "You're ugly and you're a slut/battleax/dyke/frigid" dialogue) so being a guy on the internet is pretty win/win, unless you're trolling, in which case being a chick definitely has lulz potential.

Girls, especially girls who know what they're doing, can be assholes and then act all wounded and cry, and people will feel sorry for them and want to protect them; even me. Whereas when a guy does the same thing it's just pathetic.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 09:44:51 PM
You know, I realize it's not OK to say this, but if she hadn't been such an arrogant, insulting shithead, I would have treated her differently because she's a girl. Especially because she's young, and maybe not as battle-scarred as this old bitch. I tend to be softer with girls and kids. People DO treat chicks differently (props to Dimo for admitting what no one else would) and I've experienced it first-hand many times. That's one reason I usually adopt a male nick; people put up with less bullshit from guys, but there's a corresponding level of bullshit they don't dish out to guys (the whole "You're ugly and you're a slut/battleax/dyke/frigid" dialogue) so being a guy on the internet is pretty win/win, unless you're trolling, in which case being a chick definitely has lulz potential.

Girls, especially girls who know what they're doing, can be assholes and then act all wounded and cry, and people will feel sorry for them and want to protect them; even me. Whereas when a guy does the same thing it's just pathetic.

I find it pathetic either way. There's no crying in Discordia. Also male/female doesn't matter to me, a shitstain is a shitstain.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hawk on June 04, 2010, 09:48:00 PM

I find it pathetic either way. There's no crying in Discordia. Also male/female doesn't matter to me, a shitstain is a shitstain.

It is pathetic when anyone is deliberately a dick and then uses the wounded act to manipulate people, but I admit that I'm way more likely to fall for it when the person doing it is a woman or a child. With guys, it kind of sets off my "this is an abuser" bell, and it should with women as well but it's less likely to go off the first time, especially if I've ever had a previous positive interaction with them.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

That was cool of dimo.
As for my part, I prefer girls with a little more meat on them. The pics were alright but didn't do anything for me.

Adios

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

That's one reason I usually adopt a male nick; people put up with less bullshit from guys

:lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Salty

Purple Eris:

You've said now that you feel nervous and that this thread had you down. This is a good sign. It's the only reason I'm writing this.  

I lurked here for quite some time for two reasons:
1) I was not familiar with forums
2) I ran into many, many posts that would leave me brooding, moody and even angry for days. 

These people I never even TALKED to would send me into fits of rage because they would callously, off-handedly at times, tear apart some things I held as sacred or important or RIGHT. 

Nevermind that none of it was directed at me. Discomfort wound its way through my brain and I kept reading and reading and reading (occasionally raging about what I read). And one day something changed* and I saw that these harsh, callous, viciously critical people were speaking with subtance, held many of the values I had closest to my heart, but without the heaps of bullshit usually used to communicate such things.    

I have yet to sacrifice any parts of myself to be here. If anything, I have more room to be me because I'm not weighted down with as many expectations. And those expectations left are continuously challenged. 

I don't know if you're a Nazi, and I haven't seen your breasts. On one side you've acted like a dick. On another you have energy that could be applied to awesome stuff. 

My advice: READ the many, many fascinating things on here. CREATE something facinating to add to it. GET THE FUCK out if this thread. Interact. Give/Take.  

As for the drama you've experienced...people do that to each other. You can be sorry, they can accept that. Or not. They can be sorry, you can accept that. Or not. People who've been on here for a long time have said, and will say, TERRIBLE things to one another; and they've gotten through it. Sometimes. I have yet to get into something like that, but it'll probably happen at some point. 

If you don't try, if you leave and go away: that's it.   

*It was one of Hoopala's podcasts that did it, btw. It just sort of made everything else click into place.

Everyone else:

I thought harshness was to be expected here, not when someone fails to act in accordance with the tribe (WTF?) but when they engage in TEH DUMB. Which, if nothing else, PED certainly has.  

:?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Telarus

I'd add something to this thread but I really don't think it would contribute anything.

So I'll just invoke my right to be silent..... 'cause, y'know, you have to do that now.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

RWHN, ECH, and Cram,

Apologies for my hot-headedness today. 
Molon Lube

the last yatto

:popcorn:

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 04, 2010, 08:49:14 PM
I think some people are Law of 5ing a couple of her photos to justify their beliefs.

:test: or  :?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pēleus on June 04, 2010, 10:23:45 PM
That's one reason I usually adopt a male nick; people put up with less bullshit from guys

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

And once people get in the pattern of calling me on my shit, I feel ok about coming out as a chick because I know that they'll keep doing it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on June 04, 2010, 11:09:59 PM
Quote from: Pēleus on June 04, 2010, 10:23:45 PM

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

And once people get in the pattern of calling me on my shit, I feel ok about coming out as a chick because I know that they'll keep doing it.

Your new avatar made me poomp.  :banana:
Molon Lube