News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on August 25, 2008, 06:18:43 PM
Ummm... Obama.

No, no.  I was asking for you to come up with quotes for Nader and Barr. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

:lol:  I missed that one too.  And ugh Nader.  ...and Bob Barr?  Srsly?

LMNO

Wait, when did Rosanne declare her candidacy?

Cain

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Iason Ouabache

Former SNL castmate Victoria Jackson thinks that Obama is the anti-Christ/fake Christian/Communist and that he hates Whitey.

http://www.victoriajackson.com/

QuoteI don't want a political label,  but Obama bears traits that resemble the anti- Christ and I'm scared to death that un- educated people will ignorantly vote him into office.  My mom likes him because his children are well dressed!

You see, what bothers me most, besides being a Communist, and a racist (Obama writes in his book, From Dreams of My Father, "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and and animosity against my (white) mother's race.") ...  He pretends to be a Christian and he incriminates himself everytime he speaks about Christianity.  To lie about being a believer in Christ is very dangerous.  Lightning could strike him at any minute!  But seriously, he doesn't have a clue what the Bible says and yet he pretends to be a church- going Christian to win votes.  That is sooooo evil.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

I wondered if she might be joking (because that article reads like satire) but apparently she is quite a devout Christian, so apparently not.

BTW, fake quote

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/517/

One quote stands out as totally false.

"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

We read the book, and thought this line sounded out of place. To be doubly sure, we purchased an electronic edition of the book via ebooks.com, and searched for the words solace, grievance or animosity. We were not able to find the sentence, or anything close to the sentence, in Obama's book.

The quote is actually lifted from an article in the American Conservative. Author Steve Sailer wrote a detailed analysis of Dreams from My Father, describing the narrator as "a humor-impaired Holden Caulfield whose preppie angst is fueled by racial regret" but also praising it as "an impressive book" with an "elegant, carefully wrought prose style."

LMNO

Wow.

Thanks, Cain.

Hey kids, you can learn a lot from message boards populated by misanthropic, cynical bastards!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2008, 05:54:41 PM
Quote from: LMNO on August 25, 2008, 05:53:44 PM
"Getting shot down is not a qualification for presidency."

POWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOWPOW

POW.

ZAPPA?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Elder Iptuous

Ok. So i'm gonna out myself and paint a Ron Paul bumper sticker on my ass for you guys to kick.  Doing a quick search for his name on this board seems to indicate that he doesn't get a lotta respec.  (at least, the only things i saw were denouncements of his admittedly rabid and, to a certain extent, kooky following)
On a Discordian website, i didn't expect this.... i figured he would appeal more?

Jenne

:lulz:

:lulz:

So...why?  What's so worthy of "respec" from RON PAUL?

Cain

1.  His supporters.  I hate to use the word cult, but many of them did act like cultists.

2.  His voting record, a good portion of which can be read here http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/11/ron-pauls-record-in-congress.html

3.  His ideological and personal links to the proto-fascist militia movement, the conspiratorial far-right and Christian Reconstructionists.  Again, Neiwert has an excellent overview http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-vs-new-world-order.html

4.  Paleocon/far-right politicians who try and forge links with the anti-war left always make me suspicious.  I'm a young guy, but I know the stories about LaRouche's brownshirters trying to take over the 1991 anti-Gulf War protests for example.  I always distrust entryist politics, because I've done enough of it myself to know in most cases, it is not done out of a deep and abiding respect for those one is trying to co-opt.

Jenne

Oh, he's a wolf in sheep's clothing alright.  He preaches freedom and then alligns himself with the religious right as soon as he has a chance, because they are his FRIENDS:

http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2008/08/20/strange-bedfellows-to-say-the-least/

He's not the answer to freedom.  He's a wingnut of a different hue.