News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

fomenter

QuoteOr, you gotta choose the bastards you can live with. I prefer the bureaucratic bastards to the capitalistic bastards.

I think there the same bastards,  one big circle jerk bureaucrats pulling it for the capitalists capitalists pulling it for the bureaucrats.

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

LMNO

Ok, now I'm convinced you two are engaged in some sort of wry satire.

Jenne

No, they sound like typical libertarians.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I agree that there appears only a little difference between the Capitalist bastards and the Bureaucratic bastards. The Capitalist bastards may be willing to throw the worker and the worker's rights under the wheel to grease the path of "progress". The Bureaucrat may be willing to throw the citizen and the citizen's rights under the wheel to grease the path of "progress". The similarity is that both seem to think they KNOW what progress looks like; the difference is what they call the large fleshy bags of lubrication.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Jenne on August 26, 2008, 08:52:52 PM

Meh.....
I'll readily admit that what I advocate wouldn't 'work' in the way that anybody wants.
I guess i'm actually just a malcontent, i guess.  I want to be an island.
a luxury island. 
Honestly, i don't think any 'system' will work well at this point so advocating anything is more of a stylistic choice rather than a pragmatic one.  We live in interesting asymptotic times.

Jenne

Quote from: Iptuous on August 26, 2008, 09:34:33 PM
Quote from: Jenne on August 26, 2008, 08:52:52 PM

Meh.....
I'll readily admit that what I advocate wouldn't 'work' in the way that anybody wants.
I guess i'm actually just a malcontent, i guess.  I want to be an island.
a luxury island. 
Honestly, i don't think any 'system' will work well at this point so advocating anything is more of a stylistic choice rather than a pragmatic one.  We live in interesting asymptotic times.

Be careful of reactionaryism in the guise of jaded malcontent.  It is where many of the weak and defenseless are trampled, and where we take it for granted we are on the "up" side of that wheel and may yet at some point in time be on the lowest end.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Jenne on August 26, 2008, 09:53:25 PM
Be careful of reactionaryism in the guise of jaded malcontent.  It is where many of the weak and defenseless are trampled, and where we take it for granted we are on the "up" side of that wheel and may yet at some point in time be on the lowest end.

I certainly don't thin we are on the 'up' side.  We've got a long way down yet.  Hell we're probably only half way down, which is why it seems things are getting worse at the rate that they are!
Also, i'm full of hogwash because i see that i am personally in a very comfortable position, with relatively little to complain about. 
I mostly like disagreeing, and with libertarian views, it seems i get to disagree with most everybody.  :D

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Iason Ouabache

Glen Beck says that we should all go out and waste as much energy as possible in order to make up for all of the carbon offsets that the DNC is responsible for. 

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/14354/
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

http://www.politicswest.com/28818/republicans_set_war_room_near_downtown

QuoteIn an alley behind a non-descript row of brick buildings on North Speer Boulevard, and on the other side of a large metal gate with armed guards standing in front, Republicans have set up a "war room" in Denver.

In this west side location that is not far from the Pepsi Center yet out of sight from Democratic delegates and protesters walking downtown, Republicans will be crafting anti-Barack Obama messages nearly round the clock this week.

Republican National Committee Chairman Mike Duncan said the team of nearly two dozen staffers at the opposition headquarters will be "fact-checking" statements made by the Obama campaign and by speakers during the convention.

"Just consider this the Ministry of Truth," quipped Dick Wadhams, chairman of the Colorado Republican Party.

:facepalm:
    \

Elder Iptuous

Holy carp!
you think he didn't realize what he was saying, or just thumbing his nose?

fomenter

welcome to the illiterate America
:mullet:
"they is jus tellin it like it is "

hmroogp

NWC

PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Iason Ouabache

\