News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 29, 2008, 03:33:56 PM
Fox News seems to think Gov. Palin from Alaska is going to be McCain's VP pick.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/mccain-to-name-running-mate-on-friday/
Yep, it's been confirmed now.  Seems like a very odd pick since she doesn't have much name recognition.  She's kinda hot though, in a Tina Fey kinda way.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

If this were a poker match, McCain is going all-in on the women's vote. 

How else does Palin, from Alaska and little experience win over Romney, former Governor of Mass?
It's not like Alaska was in danger of going blue, and if it did it's only 3 or 4 electoral votes.  I have to think that's they play he is making, is for the women.  I think the tell will be how often he brings up the issue of Supreme Court justices.  If he really is going for women, you'll hear next to nothing from his campaign on that issue. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Because Romney's a Douchebag Mormon who fucked Massachusetts royally when he was govenor?

But I thought of the woman-pandering, too.  "Hey!  My Vice President has a vagina!  Vote for me!"

Jenne

Cain

Wrong, this will be hilarious.  Inexperienced, Christian evangelical who wants to teach creationism instead of evolution.  MCain just blew his maverick credentials big time, and opened up a gaping hole for attack.

Jenne

I hope they can spread that about her far and wide--Obama's camp is notoriously BAD at letting that kind of shit fly...but PERHAPS Biden is the ace in the hole there...if he can finesse it and not look either 1) lascivious or 2) patronizing.

Cain

She's also up to her neck in a corruption charge involving her brother in law and general cronyism.

And since these rats aren't gonna fuck themselves, I have no problem with donning my RNC disguise(s) and making noises about an inexperienced WOMAN having run of things (because McCain is gonna die sooner rather than later).

Cain

Cain

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

Anyone think that a debate between Palin and Biden might actually be uncomfortable for Dems?

Also, Tina Fey has to go back to SNL.  She's a dead ringer for Palin.

Jenne

Yes, that is what I was saying, Alphadude...I think Biden  will have to watch his step with her more than if she was yet another white older dude like him.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Man, you'd think he would have learned from Mondale. Putting a chick on the ticket is not a sure thing.

However, Obama's biggest Ace on this was the evangelicals taking their votes and going home. This Veep pick will likely bring them out of the woodwork, they can play 'progressive' and vote for a woman, while playing 'conservative' and swiping anouther SC Justice or two in the process.

Biden, on the other hand seems unlikely to bring any major group over to Obama...

And this is why the Democrats suck.   :argh!:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

Ahem...blue collar dudes...(on the Biden question)