Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Iptuous on September 01, 2008, 04:58:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 01, 2008, 12:04:49 PM
Oh, now this is interesting.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Sarah_Palin_Kuwait_14.jpg

Apparently Palin doesn't know how to hold an M-16 properly, despite being an "avid hunter".  :lulz:
are you referring to the fact that her finger isn't indexed?

No, I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't look right.  I've never fired anything as powerful as an M-16, so I may be wrong, but plenty of my friends live way out in the countryside, so I'm no stranger to using shotguns or rifles.  I can't put my finger on it, maybe you or Roger or even ECH would know better, it just...doesn't come across right, for some reason.

Anyway, jacking this thread back to its original content, ie; talking about the wingnuts and things they say, we have a deliciously racist posting from from Larry Johnson's No Quarter blog.  Yes it is the return of Agent Flowbee of the CIA, or more accurately, his moronic minion, Susan UnPC:

QuoteIs Barack Obama compensating for his despair over the latest CNN Poll — that shows Obama in a dead heat with McCain, and with ZERO convention bounce — by taking other peoples' food? Seems that presidential nominee Barack Obama helped himself to a pile of chicken wings he didn't buy and he didn't order.

The image — from a press pool report yesterday in Hamilton, Indiana — shows a desperately hungry Obama voraciously tearing into other people's chicken wings. [...]

We've all wondered why Obama looks so skinny. I guess we know why now: He's reduced to stealing food in order to eat!

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/09/01/the-sad-state-of-the-democratic-partys-presidential-ticket/

Goddamn those black people, always stealing our fried chicken because they're too lazy and cheap to get their own
\
:argh!:

Elder Iptuous

Oh, rude.
Having not heard of that site before, i'm curious as to whether it is thought by some to be a provocateur site? Or is it just an idiot? Does it get much traffic?

Not to jack off the thread to the gun pic again, but i would say it perhaps looks funny to you because she appears to be simply looking at the rifle rather than holding it up as if aiming with it.  I would also point out that the 5.56 round that it fires should hardly be considered a 'high-power' rifle round as the media is so quick to do.  It is a small caliber, high velocity round used in what was originally dubbed by the troops using it the 'mouse gun' in Vietnam because it was considered to be underpowered compared to the M-14 used before it.  Here in TX, we have comparatively small white tailed deer, and it is common that hunters will use this round for them, however up north, they have significantly larger deer, as well as the various other larger game that would make a 5.56 rifle a less suitable firearm to carry.  I'm sure it's not her rifle of choice as the 'avid hunter' that she claims to be. (and that you and i have no reason to doubt...) [/gun-nuttery knowitallism]

fomenter

gun nutter tread jack 2 things  i see "wrong" finger on trigger (breaking gun safety rule) and shoulder is too far back (need to lean in a bit to absorb recall) of the two the first is bad, gun supporters should know their safety rules...the second probably doesn't matter (posing not shooting)

please return to your original thread direction

edit for sprlchek
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Maybe...though I think she did some actual shooting too.  Probably using her unborn baby to absorb the shock of the recoil etc /cheap blow.

As for No Quarter USA, Agent Flowbee was a CIA agent who got pissed at Bush for outing Plame and, once he quit the Agency, jumped ship to the hawkish Democrats.  He supported Hillary for President, and went a little insane about January time, when it looked like Obama might provide a serious challenge to her leadership bid.  He then went somewhat more insane, inviting the worst sort of Hillary supporters and spreading conspiracy theories about Obama that even the Freepers wouldn't believe.

So, in short, yeah its an attack site, but one with an odd past.  Like many of the ex-Democrat, Clinton supporting PUMA crowd, there were actually people there with liberal credentials, who suddenly started spouting racist nonsense in response to percieved sexism within the grassroots of the party (and there was some nastiness, but it was massively hyped), and have now gone way over to the mainstream GOP position.

fomenter

has any one else noticed in all the  MSM  coverage of the democratic convention every shot was filled with people, now in the republican convention every shot is of empty chairs?
i suspect wingnuttery is in play
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Despite the polls, enthusiasm for McCain is pretty low...lots of people, especially the nativist wing/anti-immigration crowd, don't like McCain much.  Palin seems to have awakened the Religious Right from their torpor somewhat, but the choice of her has ruined his credentials with centrists and the undecided, who are generally opposed to religious nutters with too much power.  So he may have gained from it, but he also lost a fair bit.  Only the most facile and butthurt of the vocally loud but numerically tiny PUMA group are going to vote for him, and they've been supporting him since May, at least openly, so there is no real impact at the polls there.

trillian

Quote from: fnord mote eris on September 03, 2008, 06:45:37 AM
has any one else noticed in all the  MSM  coverage of the democratic convention every shot was filled with people, now in the republican convention every shot is of empty chairs?

the best part is how unenthusiastic they all are.  Granted they're all so old and fat I imagine if they start jumping up and down or something there's a good chance they'd fall and bust a hip.

the last yatto

Quote from: fnord mote eris on September 03, 2008, 06:45:37 AM
now in the republican convention every shot is of empty chairs?

you might be right considering daily shows's angle was compairing the empty convention center with an emergency evacuation center for the hurricane. Asking people if they were upset the president isnt with them in their time of grief. adding comments like "if we knew the american people actually like new orleans we wouldnt have screwed up so bad last time."
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Oh dear.  Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/212920.php

Partial transcript, via Daily Kos:

Murphy: Um, you know, because, I come out of the blue swing state governor world. Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, I mean, and these guys, this is all like how you win a Texas Race race, just run it up, and it's not gonna work.

Noonan: It's Over.

Murphy: Still, McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech and do himself some good.

Todd: Its insulting to Kay Baily Hutchinson ??

Noonan: Saw kay this morning

Todd: She's(?) never looked comfortable up there..

Murphy: all bummed out.

Todd: I mean, is she really the most qualified woman they can obtain?

Noonan: The most qualified? No. I think they went for this, excuse me, political bullshit about narratives...

Todd: Yeah, but what's the narrative

Murphy: I totally agree.

Noonan: Every time Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

Murphy: You know what's the worst thing about it, the greatest of McCain is no cynicism, and..

???: This is cynical.

??: And as you called it, gimmicky.

Tempest Virago

Quote from: Cain on September 03, 2008, 09:56:20 PM
Oh dear.  Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/212920.php

Partial transcript, via Daily Kos:

Murphy: Um, you know, because, I come out of the blue swing state governor world. Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, I mean, and these guys, this is all like how you win a Texas Race race, just run it up, and it's not gonna work.

Noonan: It's Over.

Murphy: Still, McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech and do himself some good.

Todd: Its insulting to Kay Baily Hutchinson ??

Noonan: Saw kay this morning

Todd: She's(?) never looked comfortable up there..

Murphy: all bummed out.

Todd: I mean, is she really the most qualified woman they can obtain?

Noonan: The most qualified? No. I think they went for this, excuse me, political bullshit about narratives...

Todd: Yeah, but what's the narrative

Murphy: I totally agree.

Noonan: Every time Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

Murphy: You know what's the worst thing about it, the greatest of McCain is no cynicism, and..

???: This is cynical.

??: And as you called it, gimmicky.

Yikes. I feel kinda sorry for them.

Cain

Tempest Virago

Quote from: Cain on September 03, 2008, 10:26:35 PM
Having read Peggy Noonan before, I do not.

http://www.sadlyno.com/index.php?s=Peggy+Noonan

I said "kinda". They do deserve it, but it's just so damn pathetic.

Cain

Noonan's prose alone is reason to hate her.

Jenne