News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

According to the latest poll, Obama could possibly win Indiana.  It would be the first time Indiana went for a Democrat since LBJ in '64 (and FDR in '36 before that).

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080917/NEWS0502/80917076
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

The polls are starting to turn around.  Palin's bumps are starting to...(what happens to bumps when they disintegrate?)...submerge in a pail of fail? 

*hoping so*

Iason Ouabache

If Obama wins Indiana then I'm predicting a landslide for him.  It would mean that he has won over enough small town voters and that race was not as big a factor as everyone thought.

That poll also reaffirms the fact that women HATE HATE HATE Palin for the most part.  She was obviously picked to sway NeoCons and the Religious Right (who would have held their nose and voted for McCain anyways) and not the female vote.
    \

Cain

I found the hacking hilarious also.

Iason Ouabache

\

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2008, 05:14:06 PM
I missed most of that story.  Did Palin actually use a Yahoo account for government e-mails?
    \

Cain

Quote from: Jason Wabash on September 18, 2008, 05:29:28 PM
I missed most of that story.  Did Palin actually use a Yahoo account for government e-mails?

Pretty sure she did.  I think I read it on Talking Points Memos, though I'm not certain.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2008, 05:32:54 PM
Quote from: Jason Wabash on September 18, 2008, 05:29:28 PM

Pretty sure she did.  I think I read it on Talking Points Memos, though I'm not certain.
So she knows more about technology than McCain, but less than Paris Hilton?
    \

East Coast Hustle

actually, the email account that got hacked was totally personal emails. there is a second personal yahoo account in her name and the popular theory is that since the hacked email contained only personal stuff, the other one must be a way to do an end-run around scrutiny of official emails.

for the record, I do not buy into the popular theory (she's gotta be smarter than that, right?).

I can, however, confirm that the email account that was hacked contained only personal emails.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that it would be in my (or faust's) best interests to post screenshots here, but they could be made available to certain people who know how to get ahold of me.

and since the Fort Meade bots are probably working overtime right now (thanks Yemen!), let me just make it VERY clear that I had nothing to do with this. I am just good at finding things.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

nothing you just said made anything even remotely resembling sense.

please die in a fire.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

I have absolutely no idea what the deal is with Palins E Mail, I've not even read anything about it.

Your post makes it sound like someone opened up a mineshaft and found an epic seam of LULZ though.

EDIT: Ah, ok, I read up a bit on it. Funny stuff

East Coast Hustle

truth is, anonymous tried to make it out to be WAY more lulzy than it actually is.

it's also created a significant amount of blowback. We can thank anonymous and their ham-handed methods for future additional difficulties anytime we try to do something interesting and quasi-legal.

Payne

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 19, 2008, 02:38:48 AM
truth is, anonymous tried to make it out to be WAY more lulzy than it actually is.

it's also created a significant amount of blowback. We can thank anonymous and their ham-handed methods for future additional difficulties anytime we try to do something interesting and quasi-legal.

Isn't that always the way of it?

Cain

Thats annoying.

Also, I was going by the fact I had heard about Palin using a Yahoo account for government business, and so made the obvious (and wrong) leap.

Then again, I've hardly surfed the internet all week, so I'm not exactly up on things.

Iason Ouabache

Jonathan Rauch is full of WIN!

http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/socialstudies.php
An imaginary conversation between campaign manager Steve Schmidt and John McCain:
Quote"You may have heard of the law of the excluded middle. No? It's from philosophy. Logic, to be specific. It says that if X, then not not X. Wait, bear with me. If a statement is true, then the negation of that statement cannot also be true. Otherwise everything could be true at once. You'd have fuzzy logic."

"Steve --"

"We've figured out something. The law of the excluded middle is not in the Constitution. We looked. It's not in any contract our party ever signed. It wasn't even written by Republicans. It was written by left-wing academics.

"So at the convention last week, we send the former mayor of New York City to go out on prime time and ridicule Obama for being 'cosmopolitan.' We make Rudy Giuliani, Mr. Manhattan, the spokesman for small-town values. According to Democrat logic, he should be laughed off the stage. But the response goes off the charts.

"Why? Across America, people are fed up with so-called logical 'laws' that they never agreed to and that insult their values. They're ready to fight back against cosmopolitan logic. We've tapped into that!

"Look at Mitt Romney. The former governor of Massachusetts gets up there and bad-mouths the East Coast. No one bats an eye. Then he says, 'We need change, all right: change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington. We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington: Throw out the big-government liberals.' As if Ted Kennedy has been president these past eight years. The liberal bloggers said things like, 'Has Romney lost his mind?' But that's Democrat logic.

"Or Sarah. Our side says Obama is too inexperienced to be president. Karl Rove says Tim Kaine, the Democrat governor of Virginia, is too inexperienced to be vice president. So what do we do? We go find Sarah, who has less experience than either of them. Less than anybody in American politics, practically. We put her on the ticket and say she has more than enough experience to be president. Even though Obama doesn't. Maybe that's not cosmopolitan logic, but Americans get it.

"Look at the themes of your campaign. Republicans have messed up in Washington. So, what's the answer? Elect another Republican. Messing up isn't a strike against us. It's a qualification.

"Washington. You've been there 26 years. You're a fixture. So what does that make you? An outsider.

"Government. You run against big government. OK, so Republicans have made it bigger. That only shows why we need Republicans to make it smaller. And who better to bring competence to government than the guys who go around bashing it?

"You run on fiscal responsibility. Get that deficit under control. How better to do that than with big tax cuts, unpaid-for? Who turned surpluses into deficits? Republicans. That's exactly why we need the kind of sound fiscal management that Republicans bring to Washington.
    \