News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

The NYT, while not really wingnuttia, ran an interesting headline today.

Quote from: The New York Times
Meanwhile, the Other No. 2 Keeps Punching
Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. has been butchering Senator John McCain this week. It is not clear who has noticed.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Jasper

The stupid season is upon us.  I can barely  talk to anybody about politics without hating their guts.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Felix on September 20, 2008, 06:50:58 PM
The stupid season is upon us.  I can barely  talk to anybody about politics without hating their guts.
It's stupid season?! How much does the license for that cost?  and whats the tag limit?  :D

Jasper

Quote from: Iptuous on September 20, 2008, 06:53:47 PM
Quote from: Felix on September 20, 2008, 06:50:58 PM
It's stupid season?! How much does the license for that cost?  and whats the tag limit?  :D

Ah, yes.  Actually, stupid people wrote the rules on that... 

Requia ☣

Quote from: fnord mote eris on September 20, 2008, 03:58:18 PM
shocking news  Obama compared to Hitler in Washington times :lulz: :lulz:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/20/idols-and-crowds/

Wouldn't comparing Obama to Mugabe make a hell of a lot more sense?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

Wait no, that would require Americans to actually know who the hell Mugabe is.

fomenter

if the mugabe comparison works they will use it
this is the Hitler comparison

QuoteA human group transforms itself into a crowd when it suddenly responds to a suggestion rather than to reasoning, to an image rather than to an idea, to an affirmation rather than to proof, to the repetition of a phrase rather than to arguments, to prestige rather than to competence." To find anything comparable to crowds' euphoric reactions to Mr. Obama, you would have to go back to old newsreels of German crowds in the 1930s, with their adulation of their Fuehrer, Adolf Hitler. With hindsight, we can look back on those people with pity, knowing now how many of them would be led to their deaths by the man they idolized.

The exultation of the moment can exact a brutal price after that moment has passed. Nowhere is that truer than when it comes to picking the leader of a nation, which means entrusting that leader with the fate of millions today and of generations yet unborn.

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Of course, the media sucking Bush's dick for practically the last 8 years is an entirely different matter, as that is showing Appropriate Praise of a Brave And Visionary Man.

Requia ☣

Both Kennedies didn't have the same kind of reaction from the crowds?

That's a new one on me.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Requiem on September 21, 2008, 01:01:26 AM

Wouldn't comparing Obama to Mugabe make a hell of a lot more sense?
\
:nigel:

fixed.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Golden Applesauce

Frankly I'm surprised McCain hasn't done this himself yet.

Remember that ad that showed Obama speaking to jubilant crowds in Germany after his foreign tour?
It was something something charismatic, famous, crowd-pleaser - and then he DIDNT CUT TO HITLER.  I mean come on, he was FUCKING IN GERMANY, AT A PODIUM.  We got Paris Hilton instead.  If you're going to attack somebody on the basis of being good at giving speeches, at least go all the way.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cain

National Review did it for him.

Kathryn Jean Lopez, an editor there, made several blatant Hitler analogies, as did some other fairly well known bloggers, just minutes after the Germany speech.  I think if McCain did it, that would cross a definite line, and even the mainstream media would give him major shit.

Jasper

Quote from: GA on September 21, 2008, 06:05:41 AM

Remember that ad that showed Obama speaking to jubilant crowds in Germany after his foreign tour?
It was something something charismatic, famous, crowd-pleaser - and then he DIDNT CUT TO HITLER.  I mean come on, he was FUCKING IN GERMANY, AT A PODIUM.  We got Paris Hilton instead.  If you're going to attack somebody on the basis of being good at giving speeches, at least go all the way.

I look forward to the day when people do not feel the need to bring up the third Reich at the slightest contrivance.  Clearly that day is far off.  Obligatory Hitler references are, to me, the grown-up way of arguing like a six year old.  The German people today are equally if not more allergic to Nazi references than most any minority persecuted during it's time.  They're the only ones left who haven't beaten the horse until it's become meaningless in conversation.

Christ, anyways.  It seems like Obama is getting less media love if only because he's somehow not perceived as the underdog.  As though we should feel sorry for McCain going up against a smart Democrat after four years of Bush.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Felix on September 21, 2008, 05:22:25 PM
Quote from: GA on September 21, 2008, 06:05:41 AM

I look forward to the day when people do not feel the need to bring up the third Reich at the slightest contrivance.  Clearly that day is far off.  Obligatory Hitler references are, to me, the grown-up way of arguing like a six year old.  The German people today are equally if not more allergic to Nazi references than most any minority persecuted during it's time.  They're the only ones left who haven't beaten the horse until it's become meaningless in conversation.

Christ, anyways.  It seems like Obama is getting less media love if only because he's somehow not perceived as the underdog.  As though we should feel sorry for McCain going up against a smart Democrat after four years of Bush.

thank you.