News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Cain

Quote from: fnord mote eris on September 29, 2008, 08:31:13 PM
a person holding the  views of the extremist side of there party most often conservative republican "right wing" (i may be wrong to use it to describe extremist liberals) there may be a more accepted word for far left nuttery but i don't know it...

There is, and its called "moonbats", and it is much rarer for a few reasons.

fomenter

can wingnut be applied to all extreme view holders as a general term or is it specifically reserved for the right wing? moonbat is new to me it must be pretty rare.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

wingnut is recognized as a shortening of "right wing nut".

Moonbat is more often used on places like Malkin's place, Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler, etc

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: trillian on September 29, 2008, 01:21:22 PM
I went to this rally and my dad, who's turning out to be a bit of a conserva-tard, sent me this:

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/092008/09272008/413770

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

People aren't allowed to bring their own signs to rallies where the candidate will be present, regardless of the party. The reason that is cited for this is because signs can be used to hide weapons or be used as weapons.

I've heard a lot of people of many political affiliations go off on this but they all lack context. The signs that appear handmade at rallies are all made beforehand by pros and distributed to real audience members chosen by marketers inside the event.

In 99% of cases of people screeching about signs "not being allowed," it has nothing to do with the message on the sign.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

trillian

Quote from: Netaungrot on September 30, 2008, 07:40:20 PM
I went to this rally and my dad, who's turning out to be a bit of a conserva-tard, sent me this:

People aren't allowed to bring their own signs to rallies where the candidate will be present, regardless of the party. The reason that is cited for this is because signs can be used to hide weapons or be used as weapons.

I've heard a lot of people of many political affiliations go off on this but they all lack context. The signs that appear handmade at rallies are all made beforehand by pros and distributed to real audience members chosen by marketers inside the event.

In 99% of cases of people screeching about signs "not being allowed," it has nothing to do with the message on the sign.

hence my surprise that my father, who has a phd, would be dumb enough to give that article any credit.

also,  all that free speech would have made it impossible to see anything.

Iason Ouabache

Please to be explaining:

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

WHY AREN'T YOU FIGHTING THE POWER, NET???

trillian

AFK

Quote from: trillian on October 01, 2008, 05:40:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkqosRiyYo

EXCELLENCE IN JOURNALISM.

Heh, I like how the old guy starts to raise his hand for McCain and his wife pulls his arm down, before they both raise them for Obama.

Also, the reporter is a stooge. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 01, 2008, 05:52:12 PM
Heh, I like how the old guy starts to raise his hand for McCain and his wife pulls his arm down, before they both raise them for Obama.

Would not have caught that.  Awesome.

Iason Ouabache

Kate Couric: What newspapers and magazines do you read on a daily basis?

Sarah Palin: All of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkWebP2Q0Y
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

AFK

BTW, arguing with a McCain/Palin supporter about her ineptitude is pointless, as I've discovered over at PCF.  If they can't offer up anything meaningful to support her as a VP candidate, they'll just give you the "breath of fresh air" mantra.  So it's like they are perfectly content with electing Gomer Pyle as the next VP. 

Jasper

She can't even name one, the dumb woman.