News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

She is a woman so it is funny to ironically criticize her appearance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: Nigel on October 14, 2008, 06:43:31 PM
But,  honestly, what is up with Palin's ugly, ugly glasses?

Indeed, it's clearly an issue that requires more speculation.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on October 14, 2008, 06:44:15 PM

I just hate her for inflicting the HuffPo on the internet.

Jenne

The Conservatives are up in arms over this ACORN group--I watched Maxine Waters pound the token Conservative fuck on Bill Maher's show over this subject on Friday night.  Interesting how they (the Conservatards) will defend their pet groups to the death, but once a Liberal PAC comes in, holy hell it's Shitstorm City.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 14, 2008, 06:44:37 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 14, 2008, 06:43:31 PM
But,  honestly, what is up with Palin's ugly, ugly glasses?

Indeed, it's clearly an issue that requires more speculation.  

She's feeling ground down by all the public scrutiny.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2008, 06:45:35 PM

It's not just the internet, it's the cable news media too.  MSNBC frequently has people from HuffPo on as commentators.  I mean, if they're going to put up some internet lefties couldn't they at least go for the intellectuals over at Slate.  

Jenne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 14, 2008, 06:47:05 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 14, 2008, 06:45:35 PM

It's not just the internet, it's the cable news media too.  MSNBC frequently has people from HuffPo on as commentators.  I mean, if they're going to put up some internet lefties couldn't they at least go for the intellectuals over at Slate.  

Wooord.  Although--I think the average age of the Slate-writers might be around 23.  :lol:  I think Huffington (besides her Hollywood ties) gets clout mostly because she's been around since the 90's.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Jenne

:lulz:  The stupidity of the Far Reich crack me up to no end.

Cain

How the lost election will be spun (via Democratic Strategist):

QuoteComing after an intensely fought election campaign with a compelling — indeed mediagenic, rock- star cultural conservative like Sarah Palin on the Republican ticket, a strong Obama victory would imply:

That most Americans don't actually share cultural conservative's vision of themselves as "the real America," opposed by only a minority of educated elites.That most Americans don't share the view that Obama and Democrats are essentially un-American and unpatriotic.

That most Americans do, in fact, believe that it was eight years of Republican pro-free market policies that created the current economic crisis.

This, conservatives simply cannot accept. As a result, in the last few days, we have seen the beginnings of the new conservative narrative start to emerge from Steve Schmidt's Rovian media operation within the McCain campaign. The key elements of this new narrative are as follows:

1. That Barack Obama is not only actually a secret radical/terrorist sympathizer but that there has been a vast and concerted conspiracy by "the mainstream media filter" to hide this truth from voters.

2. That leading Dems including Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank and Harry Reed are the primary culprits in the current financial crisis

3. That primarily Black "goons and hooligans" are going to steal the election.

Each of these new tropes has been launched by one or more of the major McCain campaign ads in the last few days and each is widely repeated and reinforced by extensive viral e-mail campaigns.

When McCain finally felt obligated to speak up and disagree with these distortions last Friday he was roundly booed by his own supporters – and it will only get worse after the election. If McCain does not rigidly stick to the new conservative script that Steve Schmidt has handed him to read and he loses the election, the conservatives – including Sarah – "et tu, Brutus" - Palin - will turn on him like wild hyenas.

If you think Democrats have been mean to McCain this year, just wait until you hear the conservatives rip him apart after the election. They will call him a "weakling," "a bumbling fool" and a "senile, doddering old man who let an easy victory escape him." "After all," they will add knowingly, "he was never really a true conservative to start with." This "the loss was all McCain's fault" rationalization will actually provide the fourth and final element of the new conservative narrative.

This may seem cruel, but conservatives really have little choice except to explain the election in this way because a key part of their world view is an unrelenting insistence that politics is a simple morality play of good vs. evil — with themselves invariably in the heroes' role. In this storyline Conservatives are always basically right and always essentially pure – they do not make fundamental mistakes or display major moral and ethical failings (if an individual conservative does any of these things, it simply proves that he or she was not actually a "real" conservative to begin with).

LMNO

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

AFK

Well duh, he's only a Conservative when he's winning.

Also, Savage is a dope.  McCain won't lose his Senate seat.  However, if he does lose the Presidency, he will be irrelevant in the Senate.  Especially if the Dems get their fillibuster-proof majority.  It's a good thing he and Lieberman are so chummy. 

fomenter

I don't think he has ever been considered Conservative by any one other than campaign handlers and the dopes that buy their rhetoric.

not sure if he is hated enough to loose his seat but the few Arizonians i know would vote him out if they could
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp