News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

McCain as we know it, is also a man of his word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lazgf7DYlaI

Though I still think that with the way he reacted to the "KILL HIM ARAB" rally and saying that Obama was actually a good person, it makes me think that he was probably pressured into the mudslinging tactic.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

I suspect he doesn't enjoy it.

On the other hand, no-one is holding a gun to his head and making him do it.  No-one forced him to shack up with the operational descendants of Karl Rove, one of the single most chickenshit moves by McCain, given his personal history.  And as Obama has showed, overly negative campaigning is not a necessary precondition to popularity.

Vene

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 16, 2008, 04:14:57 PM
If we didn't have the ability to split our EVs here, the Repubs wouldn't be bothering with us either. 
Ha ha, McCain has given up here.

Jenne

Jon Stewart on the Daily Show had a great analogy for the runaway racist train that the McCain Campaign of RAGE has built:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=188327  It's in the beginning of the epi.

fomenter

Communist Hugo Chavez says "comrade bush now to the left of me" after nationalising of American banks

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE49F0K720081016?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu on October 16, 2008, 03:30:24 PM
I love how the Repubs love to circumvent Rhode Island and Massachusetts entirely. I think when McCain came to RI earlier in the year for a rally, only 1000 people showed up (which is from what I understand the entirety of the Republican Party in this state of oh...2 million people.) and a few people started throwing stuff on the stage and heckling.

how in the hell do you fit 2 million people into 8 acres of land?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Vene

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Suu on October 16, 2008, 04:40:38 PM

Though I still think that with the way he reacted to the "KILL HIM ARAB" rally and saying that Obama was actually a good person, it makes me think that he was probably pressured into the mudslinging tactic.

My guess is that he didn't intend to. I bet Palin went forward with the bullshit and he decided to play along rather than stab his running mate in the back.... then it got way the fsck out of hand.

Or, maybe McCain decided that the Republicans are all nuts and ran to intentionally throw the election... I have no other explanation for Palin or some of the 'tactics' of his campaign, based on McCain's history...

or Alzheimer's?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

fomenter

My guess is that he didn't intend to. I bet Palin went forward with the bullshit and he decided to play along rather than stab his running mate in the back.... then it got way the fsck out of hand.

Or, maybe McCain decided that the Republicans are all nuts and ran to intentionally throw the election... I have no other explanation for Palin or some of the 'tactics' of his campaign, based on McCain's history...

or Alzheimer's?

-DEM  "if we give you a Hillary win now, in 8 years we will give you a Jeb bush" - REPUB "OK you have a deal" - DEM  "o fuk Obama won the primary" REPUB " deal is still on no take backs" 
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Suu

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 16, 2008, 09:51:48 PM

or Alzheimer's?

this is the correct Ronald Reagan allusion.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 16, 2008, 09:51:48 PM

or Alzheimer's?
Almost all of the negatives ads have been from "the Republican National Committee" and not McCain himself.  He might not have control over the content of those ads, which would be more pathetic than if McCain had approved the ads. 

The Palin things STILL makes no sense.  I guess he was betting that the social conservatives would pull him over the top.  He ended up alienating the rest of the party instead.  He had a shot if he had picked someone more to the center like Romney or Guiliani. The history books will look back and show that picking Palin is what sunk him.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

tyrannosaurus vex

In other news, there was a guy in Ohio or somewhere last week that Obama talked to. He said he was afraid to go into business for himself because Obama's tax policies could mean he would end up making less than he does as a simple plumber. This is "Joe the Plumber."

At the debate, McCain was harping on Joe the Plumber like a madman. He addressed half of his answers directly to Joe the Plumber, he framed half the discussion in terms of what an Obama presidency would mean for Joe the Plumber.

Anyway, some fun facts about Joe the Plumber:

- He isn't a licensed plumber.
- He is nowhere near wealthy enough to go into business for himself, let alone face a tax hike from Obama.
- His grandfather was Charles Keating.

Small world, huh?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

The Obamamaniac thing is hilarious.

I mean, there are some starry eyes idealistic fools (ie; everyone commenting at HuffPo) who are supporting Obama, but thus far it is nothing like the Fuhrerprinzip which the GOP has operated on since the Reagan years.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in...*checks watch*, uh, lunchtime.