News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

QuoteJim Nuzzo, a White House aide to the first President Bush, dismissed Mrs Palin's critics as "cocktail party conservatives" who "give aid and comfort to the enemy".

He told The Sunday Telegraph: "There's going to be a bloodbath. A lot of people are going to be excommunicated. David Brooks and David Frum and Peggy Noonan are dead people in the Republican Party. The litmus test will be: where did you stand on Palin?"

Mr Frum thinks that Mrs Palin's brand of cultural conservatism appeals only to a dwindling number of voters.

He said: "She emerges from this election as the probable frontrunner for the 2012 nomination. Her supporters vastly outnumber her critics. But it will be extremely difficult for her to win the presidency."

Mr Nuzzo, who believes this election is not a re-run of the 1980 Reagan revolution but of 1976, when an ageing Gerald Ford lost a close contest and then ceded the leadership of the Republican Party to Mr Reagan.

He said: "Win or lose, there is a ready made conservative candidate waiting in the wings. Sarah Palin is not the new Iain Duncan Smith, she is the new Ronald Reagan." On the accuracy of that judgment, perhaps, rests the future of the Republican Party.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/104705/republican_fears_of_an_obama_landslide_victory_unleash_civil_war_within_the_party/?page=2

Iason Ouabache

:lulz: Has a Bush aide ever been right about anything ever?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

ZOMG!!1!  BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS GOING TO CANCEL CHRISTMAS!!11!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OHyf9QbzC4
    \

Iason Ouabache

\

Jenne

Poster/Flyer for Yes on Prop 8 ("Preserve Marriage" proposition in CA) from my email box:

QuoteYES ON PROP 8

RALLY & BUS TOUR STOP IN LOS ANGELES

WHAT:   A Yes on 8 decorated bus stopping in 16 cities throughout CA is coming to Los Angeles.  Bring signs and banners, crowds etc. 

WHEN:    This Friday, October 24, 2008, 12:00 noon

WHERE:   St. Frances X Cabrini
1440 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA  90047

WHO:   Everybody.  Bring family, friends, neighbors, children, invite congregations of your friends churches and organizations.  This is the day to take an extended lunch of a half day off, personal time etc.  Tell everyone you know.  Send this to them by email or handout

WHY:   We want the crowd to be as larges as possible to demonstrate to those who have not made up their minds and the MEDIA that most people are in support of YES ON 8.

Parking available, bring your lunch and stand up for marriage the rights of our kids, freedom of speech and freedom of religion!  Bring all to greet the bus and the guest speakers.

Sonja Eddings Brown, Deputy Communications Director
Protect Marriage California - sonja@protectmarriage.com

818-993-4508  818-723-9446 cell

It was a word doc, so the graphics are all shitty.  But you get the point.

hooplala

I'm assuming when they say "Everybody" they don't mean "bring all your gay friends!!" - right?

Also, I like how they refer to freedom of religion, but I wonder how a bunhc of satanists would be welcomed?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

Quote from: Hoopla on October 27, 2008, 05:41:49 PM
I'm assuming when they say "Everybody" they don't mean "bring all your gay friends!!" - right?

Also, I like how they refer to freedom of religion, but I wonder how a bunhc of satanists would be welcomed?

Come now, Hoops, you oughtta know better than to think these people see beyond the end of their sanctimonious noses!

I know, you're being facetious...me too, though.  This type of thing just makes my ass twitch.

AFK

They forgot Michael Jackson and Mickey Mouse
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Cain

They also forgot Ghenghis Khan, that kid who stole your lunch money, the clerk who always shortchanges you and your asshole boss as well.

hooplala

Well, why should anything ever change?

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Of course, McCain is saying "change" too, but these poster makers were savvy enough to know he's full of shit when he says it.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Cramulus