News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Didja see he and Colbert are teaming up for election night.  Fuck yeah--I'm so grabbing a bottle of whatever I can and drinking to that come Tues evening.

AFK

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2008, 06:50:44 PM
Didja see he and Colbert are teaming up for election night.  Fuck yeah--I'm so grabbing a bottle of whatever I can and drinking to that come Tues evening.

No watching election day coverage for me.   :x

I'm gonna be stuck in the woods with the teenagers again. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 27, 2008, 06:54:23 PM

No watching election day coverage for me.   :x

Does yer cellphone have interbutts?  Like as not one of the teens would have that...yeah, that would suck ass, but hey, you're in the trenches now, RWHN. 

Cain

I would watch, but Comedy Central has disallowed UK IPs.

Cramulus

No watching election day coverage for me.   :x

in a way, I envy you

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2008, 06:58:23 PM

Who the what they doing?

That sounds fairly retarded.

Cain

Quote from: Rabbi LMNO on October 27, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2008, 06:58:23 PM

Who the what they doing?

That sounds fairly retarded.

Channel 4 has the rights to air the Daily Show in the UK, and FX has the rights to the Colbert Report.  They worry that people watching on the internet mean they will have reduced prices for those advertising slots.

AFK

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2008, 06:55:48 PM

No watching election day coverage for me.   :x

Does yer cellphone have interbutts?  Like as not one of the teens would have that...yeah, that would suck ass, but hey, you're in the trenches now, RWHN. 

I'm a bit Ted Kascynski about cell phones.  I only have a TracFone which I just use for emergencies, and it's rather ancient.  Cellphone coverage in that part of Maine is pretty spotty anyway. 

Eve

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 27, 2008, 07:04:54 PM
I'm a bit Ted Kascynski about cell phones.  I only have a TracFone which I just use for emergencies, and it's rather ancient.  Cellphone coverage in that part of Maine is pretty spotty anyway. 

RWHN, plz to supply WOMP with a picture of you directly facing camera!
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

AFK

But it will steal my soul!!!!   :eek:

Eve

Lies! It just makes you even prettier.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Vene

I'll be working, no drama for me.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Cramulus on October 27, 2008, 06:48:52 PM
Jon Stewart responds to last week's hilarious right wing "Pro-America vs Anti-America" media blitz

Pro America vs Anti America
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=188635&title=Pfriend-or-Pfoe?

Quiz: Are you a real American?
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=188637&title=quiz-are-you-a-real-american

Interviews with "Real Americans"
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=188638&title=understanding-real-america-in

A clarification for Governor Palin
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=188640&title=Governor-Palin-Clarification

Jon Stewart is at 100%

I think the real reason McCain/Palin are losing is because they pissed off David Letterman, John Stewart, and looked stupid in front of the SNL people.

Comedy is kicking their ass.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Iason Ouabache

Do NEVER piss off the court jester. They are experts at controlling the crowd around them.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

http://www.npr.org/blogs/politics/2008/10/plot_uncovered.html

Via the AP (and confirmed by NPR):

The ATF says it has broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people in a Tennessee murder spree.

In court records unsealed Monday, agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target an unnamed but predominantly African-American high school by two neo-Nazi skinheads.

Read an excerpt from the US Department of Justice press release after the jump.

-- Sean Bowditch

According to the Complaint, approximately one month ago, [Daniel] Cowart and [Paul] Schlesselman met via the internet through a mutual friend and both claim to have very strong beliefs regarding "White Power" and "Skinhead" philosophy. Cowart and Schlesselman began discussing going on a "killing spree". The Complaint further alleges that Cowart and Schlesselman discussed robbing a gun shop (Federal Firearms Licensee) in order to gather weapons and ammunition. The Complaint notes the defendants were in possession of a sawed off shotgun.

On October 20, 2008, Cowart allegedly traveled from Tennessee to Arkansas to pick up Schlesselman in order to carry out their plan. The Complaint states that at this time, the defendants further discussed their killing spree to include targeting a predominately African American School and to continue their spree until their final act of violence which would be to attempt to assassinate Presidential Candidate Barack Obama. "The United States Secret Service takes all threats against Presidential Candidates seriously and is actively investigating the allegations," said Richard Harlow, Special Agent in Charge of the Secret Service-Memphis Field Office. "The Secret Service does not comment on this type of investigation."

The Complaint further notes that the defendants stated that they would be willing to die during this attempt. According to the Complaint, after soliciting a friend, to drive their car, between 11:00pm on October 21, 2008 and 2:00am on October 22, 2008, the defendants made plans to rob a house but were diverted when they arrived and observed a dog and two cars at the location. Cowart and Schlesselman then dropped Stafford back off at her residence and then went to a local retail store and allegedly purchased nylon rope and two ski masks.

"It is critical that the alleged plot was interrupted," said James Cavanaugh, Special Agent in Charge of ATF. "We give credit to the Deputies of Crockett and Haywood Counties. All forces of law enforcement have come together to stop this threat."

The Defendants were arrested on October 22, 2008 by the Crockett County Sheriff's Office. "Once we arrested the defendants and suspected they had violated federal law, we immediately contacted federal authorities, " said Sheriff Troy Klyce of Crockett County. "The Sheriff's Department is committed to keeping Crockett County a safe place for our all of citizens."