News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

The word "terrorist" is surprisingly lacking from that article too.   :|
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

LMNO

Um.... WEST Hollywood.

You know, Queertown?  if they DIDN'T hang her in effigy, I would be concerned.

Suu

Quote from: Jenne on October 28, 2008, 04:54:45 PM
Effigy of Sarah Palin hanging by noose in Hollyweird...

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-palineffigy28-2008oct28,0,3849487.story

Heh

The girl they interview in the video is full of Hollywood win. That is all.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

I still find the whole notion fucking cool as Hell.  Guess it helps it's Halloween.  :lol:

ETA:  This is the sort of shit that happens at Knott's Scary Farm--they do this live-action show called "The Hanging" where they violently kill pop icons and political figures.  Very entertaining.

Jenne

Seems Reuters is all but calling this election for Obama:

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSTRE49R6GX20081028

QuoteWith one week left in a raging fight for the presidency, Republican John McCain is running out of time and options.

McCain trails Democratic rival Barack Obama in national opinion polls and is struggling to defend about a dozen states won by President George W. Bush in 2004 -- with the number still growing.

Quote"At this point John McCain is climbing Mt. Everest without oxygen," said Chris Kofinis, a Democratic strategist and aide to John Edwards's failed 2008 presidential bid. "The battleground map could not look worse for a Republican."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jenne on October 28, 2008, 06:10:00 PM
Seems Reuters is all but calling this election for Obama:

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSTRE49R6GX20081028

QuoteWith one week left in a raging fight for the presidency, Republican John McCain is running out of time and options.

McCain trails Democratic rival Barack Obama in national opinion polls and is struggling to defend about a dozen states won by President George W. Bush in 2004 -- with the number still growing.

Quote"At this point John McCain is climbing Mt. Everest without oxygen," said Chris Kofinis, a Democratic strategist and aide to John Edwards's failed 2008 presidential bid. "The battleground map could not look worse for a Republican."
From the numbers I've seen all Obama has to do is win the states Kerry won in '04 plus either Ohio or Pennsylvania.  He wins both and it's a boat race.
    \

AFK

There are three states to watch.  Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Colorado.  If he wins those 3 states, he wins the election. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 28, 2008, 08:39:43 PM
There are three states to watch.  Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Colorado.  If he wins those 3 states, he wins the election. 
I don't know.  Colorado will be an after-thought if Obama wins Ohio and Florida.  If he somehow wins Florida and Indiana then they shouldn't even bother to count the votes west of the Mississippi. This thing could be over very early.
    \

AFK

Yes, you're right.  If he does manage to win Ohio and Florida, along with Pennsylvania, Colorado will be moot.  I'm just saying that I think those are his keys to victory.  Because if he wins those three, and doesn't have any surprises in the states that are solidly in his column.  McCain can win Ohio AND Florida and still lose. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Iason Ouabache

From FiveThirtyEight.com's Scenario Analysis:

Obama loses OH, wins election: 80%
Obama loses OH/FL, wins election: 71.07%
Obama loses OH/FL/PA, wins election: 1.96%
McCain loses OH/FL/PA, wins election: 0%
    \

Jenne

The fascination I have with this is where all the usually-Red states like Montana are waffling.  Swing, swing, swing-away from the McCain camp they go.

Jenne

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on October 28, 2008, 08:57:44 PM
From FiveThirtyEight.com's Scenario Analysis:

Obama loses OH, wins election: 80%
Obama loses OH/FL, wins election: 71.07%
Obama loses OH/FL/PA, wins election: 1.96%
McCain loses OH/FL/PA, wins election: 0%

The electoral-vote.com site is awesome for this too.

LMNO

just for shits n giggles, what are the realistic scenarios for a McCain win?

Jenne

Those sites do that--break it down to near-Vegas odds for you.

www.fivethirtyeight.com has it off to the right.  It's called "Scenario Analysis"