News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Indecision 08 Wingnut thread

Started by Cain, June 26, 2008, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 05, 2008, 07:50:30 PM
Shepard Smith is alright in my book, when it comes to Fox News.  I remember the guy was very critical of the Bush response to Katrina and he called Joe the Plumber on the carpet when he supposed himself an expert on Israel affairs. 

McCain was doomed the minute he decided he wasn't going to be John McCain.  If the John McCain from 2000 had run, insted of this new right-wing McCain, I think this would've been a lot closer. 

My kid felt sorry for McCain last night, seeing the tears in his eyes as he gave his concession speech.  I rather coldly said, "Don't feel sorry for that asshole--he sold out.  He LOST his chance and fucking GAVE it away."

I'm heartless towards the man, and I think he deserved the smack he got across the face.

Jenne

Quote from: That One Guy on November 05, 2008, 08:39:53 PM
One way or another, the Palin 2012 campaign is already underway ...

:omg:

Just gives her more opportunity to be lailtastic.  She's motherfucking Dan Quayle in a skirt.

That One Guy

Oh, I can't WAIT for what Palin is going to do in the next 4 years. No matter what it's going to be non-stop entertainment. She's shown the ruthlessness the neo-cons love, the willingness to spout whatever message her handlers/advisers tell her to, and she has serious campaign ability (love her or hate her, there's no denying she knows how to work a crowd).

She reminds me of a cross between Dick Cheney, George Wallace, and a malfunctioning Stepford Wife. She'll be dangerous once the neo-cons make her actually learn foreign policy and how to better deal with the national press, and they'll have 4 years to teach her. McCain's concession speech all but said "Sarah Palin will be the 2012 GOP nominee, so don't worry everyone!", so the groundwork has been laid (just like Obama laid the groundwork in 2004 at the Dem convention).
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Jenne

Nah, she's empty-headed, I tell ya.  She comes off as "folksy" because she's uh, not Ivy League.  But that shit is where her "savvy" stops.  She's like Dan Quayle--in it for the celebrity.

BADGE OF HONOR

Palin was the nail in McCain's coffin.  Putting her up for president in four years isn't going to help the GOP at all.

...in which case, by all means they should go ahead!
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Jenne

Badges now forms a seekret plan by campaigning for the redneck barracuda...aka pig-with-lipstick...

Doktor Loki

Evil bitch hunted wolves from helicopters.  I'm not fucking cool with that.

On the other hand, good GOD she's a laugh.
Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Jenne on November 05, 2008, 08:47:06 PM
Shepard Smith is alright in my book, when it comes to Fox News.  I remember the guy was very critical of the Bush response to Katrina and he called Joe the Plumber on the carpet when he supposed himself an expert on Israel affairs. 

McCain was doomed the minute he decided he wasn't going to be John McCain.  If the John McCain from 2000 had run, insted of this new right-wing McCain, I think this would've been a lot closer. 

My kid felt sorry for McCain last night, seeing the tears in his eyes as he gave his concession speech.  I rather coldly said, "Don't feel sorry for that asshole--he sold out.  He LOST his chance and fucking GAVE it away."

I'm heartless towards the man, and I think he deserved the smack he got across the face.

Awww. I didn't see his concession speech, but I probably would've felt bad too. Not bad in a way that I voted for him (or would have voted for him), but I have a soft spot for old people, since all my grandparents were dead by the time I was in 6th grade. Plus he's only a few years older than my dad, so I probably woulda felt kinda bad.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Jenne

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on November 05, 2008, 10:24:56 PM

Awww. I didn't see his concession speech, but I probably would've felt bad too. Not bad in a way that I voted for him (or would have voted for him), but I have a soft spot for old people, since all my grandparents were dead by the time I was in 6th grade. Plus he's only a few years older than my dad, so I probably woulda felt kinda bad.

I felt a frisson, a soupcon, if you will, of pity, and then threw that shit to the winds when they panned the camera to Sarah Bumfuckcunta.  Dude is a SELL.OUT.

Fucker had my HUSBAND (who's pretty damned cynical after fleeing from Communist Russia's invasion and all) contributing to his campaign in 2000...and now we're $-supporters of Obama.  It was about integrity.  Pure and simple--and I didn't see Obama (for whatever his wishy-washiness and faults galore) waiver on who he was. 

McCain started out much more Obama-esque, and he ever so clearly moved due-right of the center pole that it was hard to see where his nose ended and the elephant's hindquarters began.  "Maverick" became doublespeak for "yeah, I used to have cajones, but then I sold them and all I got is this crazy-talkin' trailer trash beauty queen from the back of beyond."

Sad.  Sad end to a pretty illustrious career (if you don't count his tomfoolery in the 90's with the S&L market/Keating 5 debacle)...very pitiful how soundly his ass got kicked back to AZ.

But he damned well deserved it.

GITMO, MOTHAHFUCKA...GITMO

tyrannosaurus vex

A brief reminder for anybody who is thinking that Abe Lincoln would be proud:

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."

- Abraham Lincoln, 1858
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Jenne

Vex...throws a cold dash of water on us all...

Wow, that left a bitter taste in my mouth...and it's not like I hadn't read it/heard it all before.

AFK

And so the post-mortem begins:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27568012/

According to some from the McCain camp, Palin was directly involved in the purchasing of the clothes that caused the big brouhaha.  Apparently she went hogwild clothing herself and her clan.  And some in the RNC were quite displeased with how much she had spent. 

Also, according to one of the sources, Palin couldn't name the countries involved in NAFTA.  The North American Free Trade Agreement.  I know it's pretty rough to be able to come up with the 3 countries in North America.  Especially when you live in one of them, are a head of a State that borders Canada, and are trying to court the Hispanic vote.  Anyhoo.

Also, she thinks Africa is one big country. 

But the best part was that she wanted to give a speech as a part of the Concession speech.  The heads of the campaign pretty much told her "Fuck no!" 

I'm thinking that as soon as McCain wrapped up his speech, and they were off stage he told Palin to get lost.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

singer

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 06, 2008, 01:57:06 PM
And so the post-mortem begins:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27568012/

According to some from the McCain camp, Palin was directly involved in the purchasing of the clothes that caused the big brouhaha.  Apparently she went hogwild clothing herself and her clan.  And some in the RNC were quite displeased with how much she had spent. 

To the degree that Olbermann quoted an unnamed McCain campaign staffer referencing her clan and their purchasing proclivities as "Wasilla Hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast"
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

AFK

Oh yeah forgot about that part. 

So, now that Bush will be out and Obama will be in, does that mean MSNBC becomes the Fox News and Fox News becomes the MSNBC? 

This will be very interesting because for most of Fox News' and MSNBC's existence, GWB has been in power.  It will be interesting to see how they evolve during this power shift. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Jenne on November 06, 2008, 03:28:12 AM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on November 05, 2008, 10:24:56 PM

I felt a frisson, a soupcon, if you will, of pity, and then threw that shit to the winds when they panned the camera to Sarah Bumfuckcunta.  Dude is a SELL.OUT.

*snip*

Oh know, I understand. I just have pretty awful guilt/pity complexes occassionally when I'm being mean to someone, even if they deserve it. I feel bad for a little, but not enough to really care. Usually it's just with people I interact with, so probably only because McCain was old. Meh.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.