News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

I Just Came for the Coffee

Started by Thurnez Isa, July 06, 2008, 11:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

I wonder how many people have went through that mall today. I wonder if they found what they were looking for among the shiny engraved plastic plates, the padded shirts and the seasonally priced nicknack's, forever twirling in our pale economy.
All new, our junk reaches out to grab you, like saying, “If only this can complete your nieces happiness.” Me I prefer my junk old and with history.
It's a scam, and we all know it. It keeps us content with the realization that we will never go out to pursue our dreams. Why climb the mountain when you could possess its picture in a print? You can look at it and dream almost every day. Why experience the world when you could possess a part of it on your nightstand? Why even move, when electronics will display the images as if your reality constructed it.
And with all the hustling of stand in's in t-shirts and the giggling of the half experienced girls is a preferability to the empty hollowness of manufactured fantasy. They will only need to get better junk when the experience breaks down or they are told their fantasy has become obsolete.
I guess real experience can be scary, with its hurt, fear, feeling and dreams. We want to experience it all but without any of the work and danger that life brings. So we retreat to our large hollow malls and our poorly constructed junk.
To the food courts, those sprawled our public dining areas were we rehash the latest myths, the newest opinions we are suppose to hold, the unfulfillment of our latest human contact and the plans we hold for a future we will never pursue
Me... I just came for the coffee.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."