News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

This reminded me of shrapnel

Started by Verbal Mike, July 12, 2008, 11:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

http://www.paulgraham.com/lies.html
A nice essay aptly titled Lies We Tell Kids. At the end of it he calls the sum of childhood lies left over in adulthood "debris", which kind of sounds like shrapnel.
The essay is basically a solid examination of one particular mundane type of shrapnel.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Thurnez Isa

The small bit on Idenity is something that always interested me
more as of lately too
and been trying to bring out more in the few writings ive been doing
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Valerie - Gone

That was a really interesting essay. It made me wonder what lies I am carrying around. But to figure that out, I'd have to know what lies were told, and that is sort of circular reasoning, I think. It does sound like the concept of shrapnel as I understand it, though. Interesting stuffs to read/think about.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Rumckle

QuoteIt's not enough to consider your mind a blank slate. You have to consciously erase it.

I particularly like this quote.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.