News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

The Wave

Started by Thurnez Isa, July 12, 2008, 05:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

It amazing how humans have no sense of predictions, though many of us seem to see a dark cloud approaching, like a high rolling wave creeping out of the sea. You can feel it in the air, thick and inviable. You can't help but cough.
Some of us brace for its impact, or turn to our holy books in a vein attempt to save something seen sacred, or try to change its direction in cheery optimism.
The age seems as if its slipping, history seems crumbling beneath us. People are turning into dogs mad with uninformed opinions, and a large divide of inequality is coming down even in some of our riches nations.
Every age, just as ever person, starts out with dreams and fantasies, but as these dreams are pursued small cracks appear making what one wants seem unattainable, and rather then admit it and reevaluate our strategies many of us begin to lie. Maybe small at first, but lies built upon lies creates a hollow foundation.
Many feel it but have to retreat into their own personal lies, hiding from what is unveiling before them.
Recently in the struggles for power we can see our  personal freedoms starting to diminish. A little at first, and sometimes with the best intentions, but just like the lies they build. I suspect pattern will repeat when the blood starts flowing.
All  civilizations change and non see it coming. The Romans, the Austrians, the Persians all thought that it would inconceivable that their age would not last for infinity, but nothing does. So why should it be different for an  age of globalism. Would history not repeat itself, just this one time? It will come and without our notice the world will once again change. I sense some of us already feel its approach.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cramulus

Chaos, Confusion, Discord, Bureaucracy, Aftermath--
then the cycle repeats.
indeed, many things do come to pass
    /
:gheyforum:

bones

...and this time since we're all connected now, we might actually become extinct, rather than just have a few cities and cultures detroyed.
filmmusic

Rumckle

Those that do see it coming generally realise that they can't stop it anyway

Just grab a surfboard and enjoy it
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Reginald Ret

I'm hoping for a Mad Max future, am i misleading myself?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

AFK

Yes, because I believe it will just be one long drawn-out "meh".  I mean 2/3 of Congress just gave the Telecoms a Get Out of Jail Free Card and outside of a few bloggers, no one really seems to give a fuck.  The Romans had to have state-sanctioned distractions to keep the citizenry happy and fat.  Private industry has done such a marvelous job of doing that on its own, the American Gov't doesn't have to worry about it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Mad Max? yeah sounds way megaboring to me.

i mean, it'll be fun for about 1.5 hours, however long the movie took.

but what was it? desert, motorcycles, dust, everybody fighting over fuel ... that may sound like fun for some of you, but i'd be busy to simply survive most of the day

i want my internets, computers and capability of talking to interesting people from halfway around the globe.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.